Google tests Live Search

• fanaticore
  • Born
  • Born
  • fanaticore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google recently tested their new feature on their search engine.

It is called live search. Type searches and the result page show live page result as you type. Source: PCMag Website [search it on your own; I can't post link(s) yet]

I hope they send an invitation for user-tester to test that like the Wave test period.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This talks about it: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... sults.html

It isn't available at google labs yet though.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not sure if this is happening for everyone now, or if I am just one of the lucky ones selected to use it at the moment:

Attachments:
google-instant.jpg

Google Instant

I actually really like it. When I start typing any queries the results are constantly changing below. I think the reason I like it so much is sometimes I know the exact website I am looking for but forgot how I found it in Google, and cannot remember the exact URL to goto. So usually when this happens I start typing all sorts of queries until I hit the right one that makes the result show up and then I can visit the site. With this Google Instant feature it is really cool because I can keep adding or changing words and on the fly I can see the results change. This makes it much quicker for me to find the results I was looking for.

Also I just clicked on the link for Google Instant and you can learn more about it here:

http://www.google.com/instant/

Quote:
Faster Searches: By predicting your search and showing results before you finish typing, Google Instant can save 2-5 seconds per search.

Smarter Predictions: Even when you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, predictions help guide your search. The top prediction is shown in grey text directly in the search box, so you can stop typing as soon as you see what you need.

Instant Results: Start typing and results appear right before your eyes. Until now, you had to type a full search term, hit return, and hope for the right results. Now results appear instantly as you type, helping you see where you’re headed, every step of the way.

By the way I just realized on that link above you can click on the "Try it Now" link and it should make it so that you can actually use the Google Instant feature too (if it isn't enabled for you already)!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder how irrelevant this is going to make being the first result in SERPs at Google. I also wonder how closely the suggestions are tied to the rates Google is getting for certain keywords and phrases via Adwords.

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I think the reason I like it so much is sometimes I know the exact website I am looking for but forgot how I found it in Google, and cannot remember the exact URL to goto. So usually when this happens I start typing all sorts of queries until I hit the right one that makes the result show up and then I can visit the site.

I have the same problem at times. Sometimes I think to check my search history, but even then it can be tough to remember which result it was.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts