Google vs Web Directories

• Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2007/ ... tory-links

remember, im not saying this is right or wrong, i just got this in my spambox and that maby it would interest some of you guys.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• therightpic
  • therightpic

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw that article.

I wonder if this is hitting more than just directories? A few of the sites I have been rummaging through trying to get help learning about SEO have claimed they were experts at PR and they had little or none for their own sites.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol there are soooo freakn many companies like that, its so funny but the fact is, the average person doesnt have googlebar or know what PR is when they very first start looking @ SEO.

that is the people that those companies prey on.
  • therightpic
  • therightpic

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was me. I didn't buy anything but I came awfully close...

If that article is on the money then there are a lot of SEO people who are going to have to adapt or be looking for a new job.

Maybe I will slide in and take over for them after I invent my new idea: 70-way links. That will fool Google.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

HAAHAHAHAH omg 70 way links, thats genious lol
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

therightpic wrote:
Maybe I will slide in and take over for them after I invent my new idea: 70-way links. That will fool Google.

lol... when you are going to start your research to invent 70-way links...just let me know. congrates in advanceeee.
  • justice
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • justice

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lot of my BLs from different directory, where I didn't pay any money, seem to have disappeared from the G index :(
  • therightpic
  • therightpic

Post 3+ Months Ago

For those of you interested in the 70-way link idea PM me and I will tell you where you can send the blank check...

justice wrote:
A lot of my BLs from different directory, where I didn't pay any money, seem to have disappeared from the G index :(

That is the sad part. There are a lot of people that have spent time, effort, and money to get to a certain position with Google and then this change is made. There are a lot of people that cheated, certainly, but there are also good, hardworking people that this will affect.

As Steven D said originally, 'If' it is true, I wonder where the next wave of shortcuts and adapting will take SEO and the web.
  • wincyclopedia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wincyclopedia

Post 3+ Months Ago

We, as a company, spend no time on "SEO". Our goal is to build high quality sites that have a following that has nothing to do with what Google does or doesn't do.

We run some directories but our goal with them is to build them into portals, the way that Yahoo is a portal.

All of our directories have custom designs and have components that have nothing to do with the directory (blogs, resources, etc.).

This is why we have directories that get 4,000 uniques per day.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey winnie
  • Ankur Sharma
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ankur Sharma

Post 3+ Months Ago

wincyclopedia wrote:
We, as a company, spend no time on "SEO". Our goal is to build high quality sites that have a following that has nothing to do with what Google does or doesn't do.

We run some directories but our goal with them is to build them into portals, the way that Yahoo is a portal.

All of our directories have custom designs and have components that have nothing to do with the directory (blogs, resources, etc.).

This is why we have directories that get 4,000 uniques per day.

I agree . You see , you are providing them content and as as we always say "content is king" . No wonder you get tons of visitors. Many top IM ers never use google to get traffic. There are way more methods to generate traffic, rather than relying on google's weird rules.
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

70 way link.?
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

he was taking the piss lol
  • erikko
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • erikko

Post 3+ Months Ago

i guess they are both beneficial for me because directories helps you to popularize your site in some areas in which some SE spiders can't reach and sometimes they drove users to see your site, SE on the other hand is the highest form of directory
  • iceforever.diamonds
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Steven D wrote:
http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2007/09/06/is-google-hitting-directory-links

remember, im not saying this is right or wrong, i just got this in my spambox and that maby it would interest some of you guys.

there's no doubt about it due to link farming in free submissions of some directory this thing is really not that impossible...
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have read that google is penalizing the selling paid links and possible cause of the delay of google page rank.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts