HELP ME! Google drop my site indexing sudenlly

• raj_freind
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google drop my site listing sudenlly, last 3 - 4 days back my site indexing in top 5 by following keywords
> call centers india
> call centers in india
> call center india
> call center in india
> offshore call centers
> outsource call centers

and many many more

But sudenlly google drop my site indexing now my site not show me in top 30 result, I beated the our site compititors but now google showing me past 2 month indexing our compititor have same position, anybody tell me what the wrong with google indexing and how i can improve my site indexig. Is google change it indexing algoritham and what the current algoritham of google.

HELP ME OUT!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah over the last few months Googles algorithms have changed a good deal. If you want to get on top for those terms I recommend you first provide much useful content on those topics on your site. Secondly I would make sure that you submit to directories like DMOZ and others, and try to get people linking you so that you establish a higher pagerank. By doing that you should get on top for those keywords. Those terms do not look that competitive.
  • raj_freind
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster

I have allready did, recently I changed my site and make it search engine friendly, my three site already indexing in google past 6 - 7 month, now i promoting my new site its was showing very good result 3 - 4 days back. My new site much more relavent to search engine against to my last site if you want you can anlysis my site http://www.callcentersindia.com
I am waiting your reply and anlyzing report
  • richxone
  • Born
  • Born
  • richxone
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also bare in mind that if you use the same word twice in your meta tags, most of them will class this a spamming and will effect your position, and I notice that you are using the word "Call" 6 times in what you have posted above the word "Call" should only be used once

Hope this helps
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

richxone wrote:
Also bare in mind that if you use the same word twice in your meta tags, most of them will class this a spamming and will effect your position, and I notice that you are using the word "Call" 6 times in what you have posted above the word "Call" should only be used once

Hope this helps

Crap! *once again bolts to frontpage to check my tags.*

Ummm, does that mean repeating words in all the tags Im using (title, description, keyword) or repeating within the same tag? :?
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to say do not worry but i have the same problems like you, my site backlinksand pr's doesnt updated in these months and now google shows my 1 month ago content for 2 days, and lowers my ranks.
some of the experienced webmasters told that , it may correct that syncs but i am not sure and really worry about that becouse google looks like to not to care new sites until they find a way to get pr of 4 .
I have over 40 sites that i had design over 4 years , most of them aer pr4 or over and does not have those problems.
Just my own service web site is brand new - 1 year old :? and haves hell of google problems.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two days? Google showed my original content for a week or two, then updated to my new work which had been on the url waiting to be respidered for God knows how long, finally indexed it and then reverted back Saturday night. Let's see, this is Tuesday. I'd gladly settle for two days at this point. (Oops, there I go ranting again.) I think the search engines have figured out yet another way to make money off the internet for awhile. You either pay the big bucks from the start for guaranteed inclusion, or you get treated like a second class citizen until they're darn good and ready to look at you. The bottom line is, you get what you pay for. The search engines are all competing for relative content, yet I wonder how much relative content they actually lose just because they cant figure out a way to make money off it.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can use the word more than once in the description and keyword tags, it actually helps for engines such as MSN. With Google, I have had no problems, except I wouldn't recommend using your keyword more than 1 time in the title.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, Im relieved. I think I have my keywords right where they need to be, Im just waiting for google to re-index. and waiting and waiting and waiting. :(
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

And also with your title, make sure you have the most important word/phrase in the beginning as it takes the most importance. One of your page's titles starts with the phrase 'products', maybe change it to computer products instead.

Also, do you have H1 tags? There are very important for your headings. These headings should also have some of the same words as in your title, but do not over do it.

Just some more of my opinion ranting...good luck!
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, dont get me wrong, I appreciate your opinion ranting and that you checked out my site. I tried adding a h1 heading, but it seemed to do something to the page banner graphic Im using. I dont know that much about it, so I left it alone.

Okay, I took care of that issue, the page title is now at the end of each title tag. Thanks.
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Myrtle Beach, SC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Page title supposed to reflect exact topic of the page's content. It should be short, unique, concise and substantional, and containing the most important keywords/phrases of the page. I wouldn't worry about single words redundancy if it reads fine - makes sense and dosen't look abusive.

For example: Phoenix Arizona Real Estate, luxury properties - single family homes and condos.

Well its of the top of my head, may be some of you can come up with a better example, but on my opinion this title has the most important keywords that also could be read as keyphrases (you can move words around) + you avoid keyword redundancy.

You can make you title as: Phoenix Real Estate - Phoenix Arizona Homes.
This wouldn't hurt either.

Make sure everything you write describes you page topic and make sense to other people.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey dolay...

I ran a check on your site here's what I found:

1: Page content and tags are good
2: Your site was crawled on March 9th 2004
3: Most of your backlinks have session ids...google will most likely not crawl these urls.
4: Links that don't have session ids don't have any PR or they have very low PR. Google will not list these as backlinks
5: One of your links is on a page that redirects, another one loads a blank page
6: You are #65 for "CHEAP AFFORDABLE WEB HOSTING SERVICE " in google. Not bad considering your PR is 1 and that's a pretty competitive phrase.

To verify this go to http://tools.marketleap.com/publinkpop/ and enter you url. When the results load click on the link count under Intomki. This will show you all the pages that link back to your site....regardless of PR...that's only a google thing.

If your focusing on PR I'd suggest downloading the google toolbar. Then you can see the ranking of the page you are linked from.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great research. The only thing is that I wouldn't use that phrase as the one you should try to rank high for. Using wordtracker and overture, that phrase is never searched for. If that is in your title I am guessing your trying to go for either "cheap web hosting service" or "affordable web hosting service" as each one of these individually is searched quite often.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with vetofunk on the search term. It's not likely someone will search on that exact string. To clarify #6 above - By having the words "Web Hosting" in the search term is going to make it very competitive. Not to mention most of those site developers have a good grasp on SEO.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

defentitely...Id have to say web hosting will be very very competitive. Try using your location in the title, or the closest major city, to get local clients.
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi phaugh,

I got confused reading #3 and 4.
phaugh wrote:
3: Most of your backlinks have session ids...google will most likely not crawl these urls.
and
phaugh wrote:
Links that don't have session ids.. ..Google will not list these as backlinks

BTW, how do you find backlinks session IDs?
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Gemini..

Maybe this will clear it up...here's a post from Google Guy:
Quote:
So what's the problem with a session id, and why doesn't Googlebot crawl them? Well, we don't just have one machine for crawling. Instead, there are lots of bot machines fetching pages in parallel. For a really large site, it's easily possible to have many different machines at Google fetch a page from that site. The problem is that the web server would serve up a different session-id to each machine! That means that you'd get the exact same page multiple times--only the url would be different. It's things like that which keep some search engines from crawling dynamic pages, and especially pages with session-ids.

Google can do some smart stuff looking for duplicates, and sometimes inferring about the url parameters, but in general it's best to play it safe and avoid session-ids whenever you can. Hope it makes sense!

As for the links without session ids. They have a PR below 4. Google will count links below PR4 but will only show PR4 or higher links when you ask it for a sites backlinks ie: link:www.mysite.com

Not sure why they do this...my bet would be for performance issues.

Other crawlers like Intomki will crawl urls with session ids and other dynamic content but chances are that it will get caught in a circle of duplicate pages..as mentioned above....and will leave the site. I had a similar issue with my first asp site. Google would only crawl the first page and wouldn't follow any of the links that had arguments in the url. To get around this I created asp pages that contained the arguments inside the asp code so that the urls were clean ie: houses.asp vs search.asp?type=houses. Then I linked all these pages via a site map which was linked from the front page of the site. Google gobbled up these pages and ranked them very well....including the site map.

Hope that helps.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have quite a few large sites with session ID's and Google indexes them all. There are coding techniques that will get your session'd id pages indexed.

As for using those same pages as backlinks, I have never checked usually due to these pages not having outbound links, for us anyway.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

phaugh wrote:
Hey dolay...

I ran a check on your site here's what I found:

1: Page content and tags are good
2: Your site was crawled on March 9th 2004
4: Links that don't have session ids don't have any PR or they have very low PR. Google will not list these as backlinks
5: One of your links is on a page that redirects, another one loads a blank page
6: You are #65 for "CHEAP AFFORDABLE WEB HOSTING SERVICE " in google. Not bad considering your PR is 1 and that's a pretty competitive phrase.

To verify this go to http://tools.marketleap.com/publinkpop/ and enter you url. When the results load click on the link count under Intomki. This will show you all the pages that link back to your site....regardless of PR...that's only a google thing.

If your focusing on PR I'd suggest downloading the google toolbar. Then you can see the ranking of the page you are linked from.

Ther are not anyway to reach to get all backlinks that google doesnt shows, newista have over 50 backlinks from pr4-pr7 pages but, it doesnt shown...

My comment are at the http://www.ozzu.com/other-google-information-and-resources/what-google-doing-t22007.html about google backlinks and pr's and i think i ll right becouse
Newista ranks around 220 for "cheap web hosting service" and 60 for "affordable web hosting service" around 120 for the term "cheap affordable web hosting" ( without "" ofcourse).
Those rank just rised after last biggest crawles at last hours. But still any backlinks and pr of 1
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry phaugh,

that was a dumm question about sesion ID - I was thinking about something else and didn't get it right away that you were referring to dynamic pages in url session ids. :oops:
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Great research. The only thing is that I wouldn't use that phrase as the one you should try to rank high for. Using wordtracker and overture, that phrase is never searched for. If that is in your title I am guessing your trying to go for either "cheap web hosting service" or "affordable web hosting service" as each one of these individually is searched quite often.

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/ shows for the last month;
1676 cheap affordable web hosting
548 cheap web hosting service

I know thats not too much but you have to start from the first step! "web hosting"with pr1? i am not Don Quixote
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh i didnt even think about those two...good find. I was just saying that don't go trying to get your ranking up for CHEAP AFFORDABLE WEB HOSTING SERVICE as no one searches for that phrase. Monitor other phrases like the two you found. Though having that as your title should imporve your positioning for the two Dolay found.

I just find that some people try to focus and base their progress on a term that no one searches for.

Once I had a jewelry site request reciprical links with me. The whole focus of the email was how they were number #1 in Google for a certain term. What was the term?...JEWELRYLAND...who the hell searches for that?
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey vetofunk
Care to share the techniques?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wish I could, but then I would have to kill you...

No, I would if I was the one that did the programming. I am sure you should be able to find it online, I know we are not the only company able to do this.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey dolay..

Can you PM me with some of those pr4 and higher urls.

I checked allinanchor: newista on google and it returned 45 pages...but still most were unranked or very low PR.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dolay...

One thing that I have noticed is that you are not using your keyword phrase in your links. This is/was an important factor in determining what the link is about.
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I couldn't find my query I was doing for real estate linking campaigns.. it was pretty good, I made a list of more than 700 links pages that appearing as backlinks to other sites.

I was using something pretty long, but here is what I can come up at this moment (query on G)
Quote:
link:(*.htm OR *.html AND "affordable web hosting")

or
Quote:
*.htm OR *.html AND intext:"affordable web hosting" link:

not too much.

well, you can modify those queries the way you want. In the case I showed it mostely returnes pages that showing as backlinks to someone, pretty much htm pages and containing your theme keyphrase. If you try it you'll see that pages that showing up mostely containing links to other sites - you can have a chance get there too :) I did 3 successfull linking campaignes like this and the websites are ranking on the first page by their main keyphrases and their PR just dropped from 5 to 4 (before they were 0).

So if it makes sense and helps anybody - I'm glad.

Would be interested if someone has something better.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finally! Ive been re-indexed today (3/11) and my current site is showing in googles cache. Thank GOD! Hopefully now it'll stick this time. I hope everyone else who was waiting got visited today too. :D
Hmmmmm, it only cached my index page though, not the other pages on the site. :?:
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

From what I see in my logs google usually makes a few requests from different crawlers for the index page, usually in the same day...then a few days later they crawl the rest of the site. My site is only 30 pages so it doesn't take too long to crawl the whole thing....a larger site may take longer.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 34 posts