PR helping serps question

• djbj597922
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lets say I have a site that ranks on the second page of google results. It is the second listing on the second page. Now lets say I have performed five link exchanges this week with two PR 7 pages and three PR 6 pages. How long will it be before these new links are picked up by Google and start helping my site move up in the serps? Also I have used good anchor text for my all my new recip. links.
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

From my own experience ...

The link text will be picked up as soon as the linking sites are crawled. This should help your rankings slightly.

Backlinks can take 4-6 weeks to show up, and the page rank could take up to 3 months to change.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you use your target phrase in your new links?...if so this will help more than just a link from a high PR site...keep in mind that PR is one of about 100 factors used in ranking....and it appears to be devalued or misrepresented more and more as each update occurs....focus on good text links and good content ahead of PR
  • djbj597922
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have used good anchor text on all my links. I was just wondering how long it would take for the recip link to have an affect on my serp rankings. I am not talking about PR but serps ranks. I was wondering if those sites I got the recip link from this week would have already affected my serps position.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that the effects from linking are only seen when the backlink and PR updates occur....on page changes effect your rankings quicker but with less impact....for google...not sure about the other SE's.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts