How can I improve my products' rankings? - Google Base

• batterycharger
  • Born
  • Born
  • batterycharger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google Base Data Feed - How to Rank Higher ?
  • ASAP
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ASAP
  • Loc: NYC

Post 3+ Months Ago

batterycharger,

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Is a complex process and from what I know, it's not an exact science.

The best thing to do is to look into Google's Analytics and Webmaster tools, they should give you a good way to track your site's traffic and see very quick results.

The best ways to increase your rankings are to make sure that your site is considered by Google to be relevant to the topic at hand. For instance, every product on your page should have more information relevant to itself, both on the page and in the meta data. You should also consider using proper HTML tags within your page's template, such as header and paragraph tags.

You should also consider having other sites link to you, to direct traffic towards your site. I would recommend advertising through networks like Project Wonderful or Google Adwords.

Building a community is a great way of increasing rankings, or at the very least building up your audience. Get yourself on Twitter, or start visiting other blogs and get your name out.

From Google's perspective, when comparing your site to another related site, it'll give more weight to the site that has more relevant to a specific search term. Let's say, links to your site exist on 5 web sites, each with a link saying 'for great deals on battery chargers, click here' Google will remember that people are saying your site is more relevant to battery chargers. However, if someone else's site has 20 links with similar words, or more specific words, they'll get a much greater weight.

When it comes to SEO, your best bet is to browse the Web for some good SEO tutorials, that focus on e-commerce. I'd spend a little cash on buying a few good SEO books, (I recommend O'Reilly) and see where that gets you.

Good Luck!
  • thomas_09
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomas_09

Post 3+ Months Ago

batterycharger wrote:
Google Base Data Feed - How to Rank Higher ?

Hi,

I don't have enough idea about it. Does it also help to get improvement in overall SERP ranking?
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do keyword research. Chose long tail keywords and they should be related to your products, then optimize them on by one.
  • blueray11
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • blueray11

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jenie0109 wrote:
Do keyword research. Chose long tail keywords and they should be related to your products, then optimize them on by one.

I agree with jenie, chose long tail keywords that will related to your product for the decreasing of your keywords competition.
  • nazdrovia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nazdrovia

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO can definitely help. But be careful about the methods adopted!
  • jonbmx3
  • Loc: Marietta, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Data Feed Optimization has its similarities to SEO and all types of Google Optimization. For data feeds, make sure your product names include the keywords people will search for to find your product. It sounds really simple, but a lot of times, all you have to do is tell Google "hey, find me when people search for this" and Google will find you.

The important thing is making sure you tell them without YELLING at them or telling them telling them telling them telling them.

Ya know?
  • rachelbles
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rachelbles

Post 3+ Months Ago

In order to get higher rankings in google, you need to get tons of back links.. Quality of back links I should say.. And talking of back links, it means relevancy..
  • dhanjit
  • dhanjit
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

To get good and lifetime ranking in Google do all things like- Image optimization, Local Optimization in google maps, Google base optimization etc and get quality one way links.
  • BlackEyes
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

About getting a lot of backlinks for your site you will need to do link building techniques like:
social bookmarking
article submission
directory submission
blog commenting
forum posting

This will help your site to rank higher in Google..
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to increase the visibility to your products then you need to optimize them by proper naming of product, ALT tagging by keywords, placements in relevant resources.
  • Rollover
  • Rollover

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd say do some keyword researchers, ( https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal ) and get some less competitive keywords.look at the monthly searches of some few keywords, and how competitive they are. I'd say dont go for the big ones, just start from less competitive keywords. like for an eg if you are have online toys selling site based in UK,
: Cheap toys, Toys sale online, Online toy shop UK. try to mix up with 2 or 3 words. Bcoz 1 or 2 words like "Toys or Online Toys" gonna be very competitive.
or some thing like that. Then try submitting your site on few directories. post some blogs using your keywords, your site link (including a keyword).
these are few ways to get your site rank up on SE. This way you will get some good results.

Others may have different ideas, and steps so try to find some basic idea abt SEO from here and there. so good luck with your work. :)
  • thomas_09
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomas_09

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi folks,

Does any one know how to upload thousands of products at once using RSS feed?
  • Arcorlaser
  • Arcorlaser

Post 3+ Months Ago

thomas_09 wrote:
Hi folks,

Does any one know how to upload thousands of products at once using RSS feed?

Confused a bit.

What do want to say? Do you want to upload thousands of products using RSS feed?

I think if you are listed your products to your sites then you can generate rss feed for your product pages and can upload to rss directory.

• karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post your product on amazon.com and ebay.com, they will bring nice traffic to your website.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts