How to find a website in directory listings...??

• Designarcade
  • Designarcade
  • Loc: Kolkata, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello All,

Warm greetings!!

We have submitted our website to more than 500 directories...Now after 2-3 months or so...when we are going back to check that whether the site has been listed or not...its becoming a tough task...

As becoz there are about 500 or mores sites listed in the directory in a particular category...and to search within those 500 sites is a troublesome task...Please do suggest me an easy way to find our site in huge listings..

Waiting for your replies...

Regards
Smita
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if you used the same title or description you could do an exact search for that title and/or description. It may help find many of them. But many directories are crap, so Google may not even index the pages of the directory you are listed in.
  • karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just type your http://www.xyz.com and click on search, you will find the sites where your site link is present

or

you can go to yahoo and check the backlinks of your site by typing link:www.xyz.com, You will find how many directories have listed your site.
  • jitendraag
  • jitendraag

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why don't you use google webmaster tools or yahoo site explorer and download backlinks for your website. A simple filter will be able to say which directories have already listed you.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
But many directories are crap, so Google may not even index the pages of the directory you are listed in.

I agree, i noticed some directories have very very similar url name having the same template. Much more like link farms.
  • flimsy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flimsy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Pick up the starting of description which you use while submitting website in directories. Search this description in google in commas like: "description". Hope, you will find many listings.
  • louisvuittonmr
  • louisvuittonmr

Post 3+ Months Ago

only type search keywords "your domain" cut http://www.
  • zero_digit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

try this listing that I've found...http://www.directorycritic.com/ :D..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts