How To Get Your Competitors Blacklisted by Google

• implix
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • implix
  • Loc: Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:twisted: If you are reading this, then you're tainted.

Seriously though...

Browsing this forums I have found that a lot of frequent posters here,
who put links to their sites in their signatures, have their sites with
just PR0 ranking.

Could Google be penalizing sites based on such forum posts?

If not, is there any benefit, since all the links are redirected
through an ozzu exit script anyway?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha. I am not tainted!

I think there are some benefits in having them in your sigs. afterall the sigs are all indexed as backlinks in ggoogle!
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Having your link in a sig on Ozzu offers you no benefit from google whatsoever. All links are redirected and ran through a blocked spiders.txt file.

Links in your sigs help your ranking a little when the forum doesn't redirect the link yes, but why on earth would google penalise a site just for links from forums? Lol

The reason they are all PR0 is because google havn't updated in months.

This whole PR thing is really starting to get annoying. I honestly can't see why a single person would care about what PR a site has at the moment as they are ALL outdated.
  • implix
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • implix

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jessica, for how long the PR has been outdated
and are there any prospects of having it back up?

I have always assumed that a high PR correlated
with a high Google ranking (as long as the page
is balanced with keywords in TITLE, META, H1,
content etc.).

If PR is not updated, is there any benefit of
doing any Google SEO and collecting inbound links?

Thanks.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

PR hasn't been updated by Google for what is coming up to three months. Only Google know if they plan to update anytime soon.

Search engine rankings are not about PR ... infact, they have nothing to do with it really. The reason for collecting inbound links is to help improve your placements in the serch engines, by having your targeted phrases as anchor text.
  • implix
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • implix

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I do recognize the importance of setting up
links with targeted phrases as anchor text.

However, don't you think that a high PR site
may get a more favorable placement than one
with a lower PR?
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Having your link in a sig on Ozzu offers you no benefit from google whatsoever. All links are redirected and ran through a blocked spiders.txt file.

Google is getting real good at parsing urls lately. In fact right now I show a 12 or more backlinks for my sig in OZZU. :)

What is even more interesting is that Google now sees every link on my site as a new page. Jumped from 35 to 225 pages almost over night.

My point is that Google is aggresively following every url including sigs. :lol:
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtchar wrote:
Quote:

Google is getting real good at parsing urls lately. In fact right now I show a 12 or more backlinks for my sig in OZZU. :)

What is even more interesting is that Google now sees every link on my site as a new page. Jumped from 35 to 225 pages almost over night.

My point is that Google is aggresively following every url including sigs. :lol:

I think, you are both making some mistake.

rtchar, Google is not following your link in the sig. Google can't. Any links in the post go through http://www.ozzu.com/counter/exit.cgi? Ozzu is using the robots.txt to block any robot following any link under the counter directory.

Quote:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /counter/
Disallow: /admin/
Disallow: /attach_mod/
Disallow: /db/
Disallow: /files/
Disallow: /images/
Disallow: /includes/
Disallow: /language/
Disallow: /mycalendar_mod/
Disallow: /spelling/
Disallow: /templates/
Disallow: /common.php
Disallow: /config.php
Disallow: /glance_config.php
Disallow: /groupcp.php
Disallow: /mini_cal.php
Disallow: /modcp.php
Disallow: /mycalendar.php
Disallow: /news_insert.php
Disallow: /posting.php
Disallow: /printview.php
Disallow: /privmsg.php
Disallow: /profile.php
Disallow: /ranks.php
Disallow: /search.php
Disallow: /tellafriend.php
Disallow: /viewonline.php
Disallow: /sutra
Disallow: /ptopic
Disallow: /ntopic
Disallow: /markforums.html
Disallow: /marktopics

But it is also wrong for Jess to say that posting in ozzu gives you no backlink and is useless in terms of SEO. It does. I myself have atleast 15 back links showing from ozzu. And that link comes from the little www image link that comes packed with your every post. That is if you specify a website in your ozzu profile. That link is not routed through the exit.cgi. It's a plain old html link. The downside is, they have no keyword value. But this gets googlebot to crawl your website very often.
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

And btw Jess, I see that you are missing the little www image in your posts. Perhaps, that's why you are also not noticing the benefits of posts in ozzu.
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I can say is check it out for yourself ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=link%3Awww.dogtagsdirect.com&btnG=Search
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

As I said, it is counting the image link as backlinks. Not the sig. Is there a reason for you to think that the backlinks are actually from the Sigs? And not from the image? How would you differentiate between the two and be sure that your sig links are what being counted? Whereas my main presumption is that google respects the robots.txt file.
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not really sure what you are getting at ...

The image in my sig is from my banner directory (not the root). So why would Google link that back to my domain name, and not he image file?

Both the image and text in my sig are linked to my domain name through the exit.cgi, and this is the only place where my domain can be found.

Can you tell me (better yet show me) where the domain name is in the clear?
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not in the sig. Every links in the sig or post goes through exit.cgi(including image links).

I am talking about the www image. Look below the sig in your posts. See three images: Profile, PM, WWW? That www image (visit poster's website) is counted as backlink.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
It's not in the sig. Every links in the sig or post goes through exit.cgi(including image links).

I am talking about the www image. Look below the sig in your posts. See three images: Profile, PM, WWW? That www image (visit poster's website) is counted as backlink.

thats what I am testing out for the past 1 week.
I have disabled my sigs then, and my backlinks are still there for my pet site. It wil take an update.

as you have pointed out, I have been wondering if its the www. button or the sigs that are serving as backlinks. :-)
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

No one believes in my true prophecy.
And now it's too late.

:( :roll:
  • implix
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • implix

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now back to the ORIGINAL topic :)

If someone were to "joe-job" us by creating hundreds
of spammy backdoor pages, duplicating our sites
etc., surely we could get blocked on Google?
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
But it is also wrong for Jess to say that posting in ozzu gives you no backlink and is useless in terms of SEO. It does. I myself have atleast 15 back links showing from ozzu. And that link comes from the little www image link that comes packed with your every post. That is if you specify a website in your ozzu profile. That link is not routed through the exit.cgi. It's a plain old html link.

but that isn't what I said.

Quote:
Having your link in a sig on Ozzu offers you no benefit from google whatsoever.

Thats what I said and that is true.
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh sorry then. I took it as a more general statement . Will you ever forgive me? :puppydogeyes:
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

hhmm.... Yea i'll forgive ya :P
You are right though, in one way..... set you homepage from the control panel as www. link isn't redirected.
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uh...thanks jess. You saved my soul from eternal buring in hell.

Now back to the original toipc. If some evil genius really tried to do as imlix is prescribing then it might get our websites in trouble. Just may be.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is very hard to get a competitors site removed from serps and it takes a lot of work, its not worth it in most cases and 99.5% of webmasters out there wouldnt be able to do it.

its easier to concentrate on building up your site.
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good quantumcloud ... you have shown me exactly ... there is no disputing your observation. :shock:

I always assumed that the www icon was also passed through the exit.cgi as well. Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

Now back to the original toipc.

Quote:
If some evil genius really tried to do as imlix is prescribing then it might get our websites in trouble. Just may be.

Is it possible Google might block only the spammy site ... so you did all that work for nothing?
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

you know, anybody can link to any web site ....

The links that are coming into your site don't get you penalised, rather who you link to.
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have always worked under that assumption. That no site can damage the reputation of another. We often hear that when talking about link farms, you get penalized for pointing to the site not for being included.

Of course there are always the less than ethical people out there trying to exploit any weakness the system. :lol:
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Bc, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtchar wrote:
I am not really sure what you are getting at ...

The image in my sig is from my banner directory (not the root). So why would Google link that back to my domain name, and not he image file?

Both the image and text in my sig are linked to my domain name through the exit.cgi, and this is the only place where my domain can be found.

Can you tell me (better yet show me) where the domain name is in the clear?

I am sure their is mysterious about the googles algaryisms that only myself and David posses. Well actually I don't know Jack !@#$# but I do know that yes it ads to your pagerank cuz I have 0/10 I need google to post at least one backlink for me. Yet the internet is a harsh world where only cruel webmasters live. I have been trolling excuse me I mean inquiring for anyone with anykind of page rank do a link exchange with my at my site, but I get people laughing at me . Pointing fingers scoffing at me , then suddenly their entire backlinks disappear from google in a matter of minutes from some unknown power.

All this asside anyone want to do a link exchange with me?

email me at abuiltcomputer@msn.com if you interested.

Cheers, 8)
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to the forum Kevins_Kevlar ... at least I hope you are joining. :lol:

If you are really interested in developing links look at the following thread http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic32001.html

Jess gave a pretty good link for all new webmasters just starting out.

Hope to hear from you again.
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Interesting thread.

Would a single link to a "bad neigbourhood count" or does it need multiple links.

For example I have 940 articles on my site, if one became a bad neighbour would that drag me down or not?

Clare
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:

The links that are coming into your site don't get you penalised, rather who you link to.

Well, I think implix is talking mainly about duplicating web pages. I mean if someone made a few dozens of copies of my entire websites with different domain names, google would effectively consider all of them as spam attempts, including mine. How would google figure out which one is the real one and which ones are set up by my competitors? It'd initially ban all of them.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

quantumcloud wrote:
Jess wrote:

Well, I think implix is talking mainly about duplicating web pages. I mean if someone made a few dozens of copies of my entire websites with different domain names, google would effectively consider all of them as spam attempts, including mine. How would google figure out which one is the real one and which ones are set up by my competitors? It'd initially ban all of them.

If somebody made 1 copy, let alone a few dozen i'd have my legal contact them in breech of copyright.........
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Would a single link to a "bad neigbourhood count" or does it need multiple links.

Clare

Wish I had an answer but this is one area I have never tested :lol:

I was under the impression "bad neighborhoods" were trying to subvert the ranking system. I would not worry about sites providing original content.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 30 posts