How do I increase my page exposure via search engines?

• kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have designed a site for storage units for rent and it does not seem to pick up the traffic it should. I feel 30 hits is not enough.

Any clue on how to maybe increase the hits ...

I am currently testing it by searching in google and it appears to have high competition for the key words.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to increase traffic or hits for your site, submit it to high traffic site like forums, and social media sites.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Submit your site and webpages to social bookmarking sites having larghe amount of daily traffic..........it will sure help to increase traffic to your site.
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the tips ...

I will definitely look into them. I just can't use anything I have to pay for ... the company doesn't wanna do that ...
  • redspace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • redspace

Post 3+ Months Ago

It doesn't matter if your keyword phrase is competitive. actually if it is competitive it means that traffic potential is enormous. Anyhow you should know to target which keyword at certain time. your target keyword phrase should work with how much backlink you have. to pick the right keyword phrases you should do some research for the top 20 search engine listing for a variety of your target keywords phrases.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

My beginning stages were very unethical/blackhat off site optimization. Now this is considered wrong, however at the time I did not know that. I am currently submitting articles to 35 well indexed sites, and I make sure in my resources to post 1 link back to my website (for a certain keyword) and I place the other link back to the original article in my blog (for a targeted keyword).

I try to post quality articles that are well optimized after researching possible keyword phrases. I also focus on an evenly distributed PR across the site multiple clicks deep. The inbound links should seem natural, so I recommend switching up the phrases in the resource box with every article.

It takes me 1-1.5 hours to create the article
It takes another hour to submit to the 35 sites
If you have a blog, then ping whenever you have updated content
I have noticed a 816% increase in traffic over the past 4 months
I try to submit/post in blog 3-4 articles a week
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am thinking off creating a new "professional" blog to post my updates to the sites I am in charge of. I am thinking blogspot but I could create a custom myspace page via css and that might work ... not sure though.

I appreciate all of your help. I have avoided blackhat techniques and it is tough to build up a site esp if the heavy hitters for renting require payments .... and the organization does not wanna pay for it.

Thanks again.
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you heard about click exchange project? I think if you're desperate to have a bunch of topic it can be a last resource...however this will not guaranteed your traffic in long period of time...when you reach the end point of exchanging click that's the question...
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Management also will not link to any other pages ...

This makes my job harder as I want back links to increase traffic, yet we will not pay or do this for anyone else.

I guess do my best and see what happens ...
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Start use of less competitive keywords, if your site coming on that then use highly competitive keywords alongwith this improve your one links for the site. So, it will increase your visibility in search engine result pages. Blogs, Forums, Articles, Press Releases and Social Bookmarking sites helps a lot.
  • angilina
  • angilina
  • Loc: www.a1newspapers.com/

Post 3+ Months Ago

Build as many backlinks as possible. Try to get some links from high PR pages
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

kirannraj wrote:
link exchange is more important

I think this is good but not that important because SEs sees it just trading and not have a real value anymore...trading for the sake of PR and not in quality...
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

psyche wrote:

I think this is good but not that important because SEs sees it just trading and not have a real value anymore...trading for the sake of PR and not in quality...

In my opinion, it all depends to whom will you exchange link with! If this site is related to your site and has lots of quality traffic this is definitely be a better one!
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah you got a point there but this kind of strategy is not that reliable in SEs eyes...because of some abuse using this technique...
  • Arleigh
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Arleigh

Post 3+ Months Ago

coolslko wrote:
Submit your site and webpages to social bookmarking sites having larghe amount of daily traffic..........it will sure help to increase traffic to your site.

Just make an eye-catchy title and description when submitting your web pages to social bookmarking sites to generate more traffic.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well.......to increase web page exposure to search engines or to get heavy traffic from search engines you nedd to have your site among top rank on major search engines......and for that you have to o proper SEO and balace in offpage and onpage factors........

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts