How much time is required?

• montyauto
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the SEO tutorials and the information about SEO.

Now I curious about how much time is required:
- for a new website to get listed in Google, Yahoo, MSN etc
- to get rank at top 100
- to get rank at top 10
- to get #1 rank

Then at the last but not least:
Any thoughts on how much time a webmaster using SEO it needs to invest to protect his ranking once it is established?
  • rush4rk
  • Born
  • Born
  • rush4rk

Post 3+ Months Ago

depends on the keyword popularity, the more popular it is, the longer it takes to get to the 1st page. It could take from 2 weeks to several months to get to the top 5 depending on your keywords. well you could get into the #1 in google with some crazy word like AbraFabraDukanator, but what the point when no one is searcing for it, right? :D
  • alans
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Monty,

Answer for your Q. depend on many things, as you already read SEO articles so you must be knowing how to get listed in Search Engines. To rank at top 100 (in SERPs) is not very difficult but you need to choose very unique & less competitive keywords and continuous optimization like some on page and off page optimization, use main keywords in headers.

Then do some high pr directory submissions and try to get more back links. Use your site signature in your business related forums. It's long steps work you have to wait for google to crawl your site time to time so it may take several months.

I would again suggest you to read SEO Elite lessons you will get your answer in better manner. :)
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on how competitive your niche is
  • Rahul H
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rahul H

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes....no one can tell you the exact or around time a webmaster using SEO.....so just concentrate on building high and quality backlinks and then you just have to wait for the good results..
  • Alfredito
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Alfredito
  • Loc: Bangkok, Thailand

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rahul H wrote:
Yes....no one can tell you the exact or around time a webmaster using SEO.....so just concentrate on building high and quality backlinks and then you just have to wait for the good results..

Totaly agree with you on the link building, just to add: Goggle love .edu links, try getting 1 or2 with high pr,(pr6+) it works like magic after 2-3 month, you will really the effect. They cost 50$ - 300$ depend on the pr, and getting one in the home page of a good .edu site is like finding gold.. :)
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alfredito wrote:
Rahul H wrote:

Totaly agree with you on the link building, just to add: Goggle love .edu links, try getting 1 or2 with high pr,(pr6+) it works like magic after 2-3 month, you will really the effect. They cost 50$ - 300$ depend on the pr, and getting one in the home page of a good .edu site is like finding gold.. :)

Goggle love .edu links - this would be a great tips. thanks
  • montyauto
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I couldn't follow the tips about 'Goggle love .edu links'.
Would be appreciated if some one explain what it is about .
  • quikfind_jerry
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • quikfind_jerry

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends upon how much optimization you will do of your website.

usually website gets listed in google in 20 days. but to earn #1 position you have to work hard. get some unique keywords & fresh contents for your website.

all the best
regards
Jerry
===========
PPC Search Engine Directory - Affiliates Make Money with Our PPC Search Engine!
Data, Design, Databases, Website Content and more!
Hosting From $2.99 a month!
  • Rahul H
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rahul H

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thinks,

You Submit a Google Sitemap

Get More & more Quality backlinks to your related site having good PR ... These will be followed by Google's crawlers and will lead them to your site.

Try this out and wait for some time to get good results in se's.
  • ScareYou
  • Born
  • Born
  • ScareYou

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've gotten a site to the top 5 on Google for a keyword that gets over 100,000 searches a month in under 2 months.

You'll need linkbait to jam a site to the top of the SERPs in a competitive niche.
  • GimmeMyDomains
  • Student
  • Student
  • GimmeMyDomains

Post 3+ Months Ago

rush4rk wrote:
....well you could get into the #1 in google with some crazy word like AbraFabraDukanator

Gee - here's a surprise - this page comes up #1 for AbraFabraDukanator! Great job! You is master SEO! ;-)
(great word btw!)
  • Ankur Sharma
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ankur Sharma

Post 3+ Months Ago

montyauto wrote:
Thanks for the SEO tutorials and the information about SEO.

Now I curious about how much time is required:
- for a new website to get listed in Google, Yahoo, MSN etc
- to get rank at top 100
- to get rank at top 10
- to get #1 rank

Then at the last but not least:
Any thoughts on how much time a webmaster using SEO it needs to invest to protect his ranking once it is established?

It depends upon various other factors. Keyword popularity is most important one. Long tail keywords you can get rank 1 in 2 to 3 days .
  • daimer_2007
  • Born
  • Born
  • daimer_2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

If we concentrate on a single keyword, you can get good rankings.
  • Arleigh
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Arleigh

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's no specific time to rank in SERP because it really depends on several factors such as your niche, your link building methods used and how often you optimize your site. To have better results, just try to target less keywords and continue to focus on them.
  • doogers
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • doogers

Post 3+ Months Ago

It took me 7 months and hundreds of hours to reach the top 10. I am currently sitting at position #2 and it has been about a year. I will let you know once I reach the top.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts