Improve page rank and traffic

  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 140
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
im wondering how can i get more traffic and improve my page rank with google?
ive already started exchanging links via the linkmarket website but this doesnt really drive traffic to the site...

whats the best and cheapest way of doing this?

thanks
  • workingwebmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • workingwebmaster
  • Posts: 26

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are doing the right thing, you probably don't know it though! You need to read more into SEO! The best an cheapest traffic is search engine traffic, thats why SEO is the best.

Best of luck.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pagerank and traffic are not really related, per say. Increased traffic will not increase Pagerank.

I know we just did a thread on this topic. Do a little more research on this forum and you will find alot more information.
  • workingwebmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • workingwebmaster
  • Posts: 26

Post 3+ Months Ago

'vetofunk' is correct! You need to rank in search engines for terms related to you website to get traffic.

Read more into SEO! Such as anchor text etc etc.
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 140
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh ok thanks everyone for the input...
umm whats the best way if doing this. should i just search in google for
business directory forums / ads

thanks
  • Americantruckbuyer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Americantruckbuyer
  • Posts: 83

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should get more backlinks related to your site and that too pointing towards your website..thats in SEO.

Can increase backlinks by submitting your site to directories, submit articles into article sites.. Rss submission,

For traffic the best way is from BLOG and for PR get more and more backlings with quality content.

Do all those things and u will get your needful for sure..


Regards
Puneet M
  • slash007
  • Student
  • Student
  • slash007
  • Posts: 87

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think try to increase your backlinks. It will help you to get
  • seo_artist
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • seo_artist
  • Posts: 14

Post 3+ Months Ago

all of us recommend SEO but we all forget that Search Engine Optimization is a very difficult process for many webmasters .
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Posts: 136
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

seo_artist wrote:
all of us recommend SEO but we all forget that Search Engine Optimization is a very difficult process for many webmasters .


That is not true :roll:
SEO needs patience and better understanding, hardwork if you ready then it is much easy.
IMO it does not require special skill but only hardwork, try getting more relevant backlinks, forum-blog-directory submission, updating fresh content......
that's all.......
  • slash007
  • Student
  • Student
  • slash007
  • Posts: 87

Post 3+ Months Ago

to increase page rank or traffic you will get tips by reading into SEO more. SEO is the best way i think.
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269
  • Posts: 198

Post 3+ Months Ago

Exchanging links is alright, but is not the best way to gain good quality links pointing to your site. This is because they are not worth as much as one way links.

Have you tried submitting to web directories, writting articles, doing a press release, etc.
  • SEO_Pro.
  • Student
  • Student
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 88
  • Loc: SLC, Ut

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

In order to boost your page rank you need to find people to link to you without having to link back such as: directories, social networks, some blogs and forums, writing articles and loading them into feeds and pinging them, setup a good word press blog with unique and interesting content, write and submit press releases all over the web....

If you want to collect the maximum amount of page rank on your home page do not place to many links on it because page rank leaks out that way. If you want to hold as much page rank on your site try not to link out to to many web sites. There are some places you can buy sponsored links for a good price that have excellent page rank and is related to your web site, but in all reality page rank is not very important anymore. I have got a web site ranked #1 for a competitive term and had nothing at all linking to it, it ranked well because of how I wrote the content and developed the page (GOOD CONTEXT IS THE KEY. READ ABOUT LATENT SEMANTIC INDEXING AND USE MY SUGGESTED SEO TOOLS AND RESOURCES BELOW). I know it's very odd why this one page site I developed ranked so well and it's holding it's rank for more then 3 months now (I did excellent on page optimization, but I did not think on page optimization held that much weight!).

Good luck,

Jacob Kerr
  • mattmarketer
  • Born
  • Born
  • mattmarketer
  • Posts: 1
  • Loc: UK , Rotherham

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cut and Paste your Meta Tags Here

For me to review
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO_Pro. wrote:
Hello,

In order to boost your page rank you need to find people to link to you without having to link back such as: directories, social networks, some blogs and forums, writing articles and loading them into feeds and pinging them, setup a good word press blog with unique and interesting content, write and submit press releases all over the web....

If you want to collect the maximum amount of page rank on your home page do not place to many links on it because page rank leaks out that way. If you want to hold as much page rank on your site try not to link out to to many web sites. There are some places you can buy sponsored links for a good price that have excellent page rank and is related to your web site, but in all reality page rank is not very important anymore. I have got a web site ranked #1 for a competitive term and had nothing at all linking to it, it ranked well because of how I wrote the content and developed the page (GOOD CONTEXT IS THE KEY. READ ABOUT LATENT SEMANTIC INDEXING AND USE MY SUGGESTED SEO TOOLS AND RESOURCES BELOW). I know it's very odd why this one page site I developed ranked so well and it's holding it's rank for more then 3 months now (I did excellent on page optimization, but I did not think on page optimization held that much weight!).

Good luck,

Jacob Kerr


What's the competitive term and what is your site that ranks?
  • doogers
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • doogers
  • Posts: 40

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is going to take some time too which can be very frustrating.....
  • Lizza
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Lizza
  • Posts: 39

Post 3+ Months Ago

For traffic you must start some campaigns..
Like google adwords, buying blog posts and some other PPC programs will help you :)
  • Lizza
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Lizza
  • Posts: 39

Post 3+ Months Ago

CircleOfLinks wrote:
Hi,
im wondering how can i get more traffic and improve my page rank with google?
ive already started exchanging links via the linkmarket website but this doesnt really drive traffic to the site...

whats the best and cheapest way of doing this?

thanks


Submit your website to quality directories and also blog posts to quality blogs will improve both traffic and PR
  • rienglass
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • rienglass
  • Posts: 5

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is very correct.the idea is to get the most links and the most traffic.but that is two different thing altogether.i have seen site with crazy traffic but horrible pagerank and vice versa.pagerank in my opinion is harder to get.

vetofunk wrote:
Pagerank and traffic are not really related, per say. Increased traffic will not increase Pagerank.

I know we just did a thread on this topic. Do a little more research on this forum and you will find alot more information.
  • Rahul H
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rahul H
  • Posts: 34

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to get more traffic, i strongly suggest you to get more and more backlinks and wait for the results you want.
  • Alfredito
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Alfredito
  • Posts: 38
  • Loc: Bangkok, Thailand

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can always get an SEO company to do the basic keywords opt'.. shouldent cost much and it will improve your ranking...Good Luck !
  • kavinpparker
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • kavinpparker
  • Posts: 14

Post 3+ Months Ago

This would be helpful for increasing the traffic

Optimize your site (SEO)
Get your site listed in directories.
Get listed in search engines.
Get links to your site.
Buy links to your site.
Buy banner ads.
Participate in a banner exchange program.
Use E-mail marketing.
Use off-line marketing.
Publish yourself.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Posts: 288
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

CircleOfLinks wrote:
Hi,
im wondering how can i get more traffic and improve my page rank with google?
ive already started exchanging links via the linkmarket website but this doesnt really drive traffic to the site...

whats the best and cheapest way of doing this?

thanks



Well the best way to divert traffic to submit your webpages to social bookmarking sites having large amount of daily traffic.

Frequently update your site time to time and submit your rss feed to rss directories.


Starting a business blog for promoting your site will be also a good idea.
  • anewindiaseo
  • Born
  • Born
  • anewindiaseo
  • Posts: 1
  • Loc: delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are many criteria to increase the page rank .google and yahoo both are follow the different critaria .

google criteria: :

1> your's page should have good PR back link.
2>Your's site should be informative and user friendly.

Yahoo criteria:

1>Your's site domain should be old.
2>Your's site should be informative and user friendly.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Posts: 288
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

anewindiaseo wrote:
There are many criteria to increase the page rank .google and yahoo both are follow the different critaria .

google criteria: :

1> your's page should have good PR back link.
2>Your's site should be informative and user friendly.

Yahoo criteria:

1>Your's site domain should be old.
2>Your's site should be informative and user friendly.


Well........you are talking about Page rank or search engine ranking? :?
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira
  • Posts: 223

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best way to get more traffic is to submit your site to a site with high traffic. You may also try using blogging, forums and social bookmarking site. If you want to exchange link, you may select links that related to your site and give traffic for the site.

CircleOfLinks wrote:
Hi,
im wondering how can i get more traffic and improve my page rank with google?
ive already started exchanging links via the linkmarket website but this doesnt really drive traffic to the site...

whats the best and cheapest way of doing this?

thanks
  • odysseus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • odysseus
  • Posts: 34

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don;t try to buy links as Google is starting to penalize people who buy and sell links. For traffic, you need to get your site link back from sites with tons of traffic. Else, no traffic will come to you.
  • kavinpparker
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • kavinpparker
  • Posts: 14

Post 3+ Months Ago

For increasing the traffic done on-line discussion, social site posting and blog posting.
For increasing the PR get more back links for the site.
That will help you.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Posts: 288
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

odysseus wrote:
Don;t try to buy links as Google is starting to penalize people who buy and sell links. For traffic, you need to get your site link back from sites with tons of traffic. Else, no traffic will come to you.


Indeed..........must avoid to purchase links from other sites as google has treated strictly in latest pr updation against sites, involved in selling or purchasing links.
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario
  • Posts: 324

Post 3+ Months Ago

odysseus wrote:
Don;t try to buy links as Google is starting to penalize people who buy and sell links. For traffic, you need to get your site link back from sites with tons of traffic. Else, no traffic will come to you.


Yep, google is very strict when it comes to selling/buying links.
  • tomfrederick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tomfrederick
  • Posts: 22

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do not try to buy the links. Google will not accept it. You need some more working enhancement on the SEO. On-line discussion is the good way to get unique links.

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 40 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.