Indexing on Google

• kellyman
  • Born
  • Born
  • kellyman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all

I hope some one can help me here, i have a site which is about 3 years old and about 12 months ago i change the complete layout of the site, in june this year i lost all of the 46 indexed pages in google, (other search engines seemed fine) now and for the last 3 months google will only index a few pages, Ranked my index page at page rank 6, and 0 on all subsequent pages..

Page rank dont really bother me, (maybe it should) what bothers me is i cannot get my other pages indexed again i have seen google index 11 at one stage but it only lasted a day then fell back to 2,

Can any body see anything wrong with my sites code or anything else un toward

Thanks for looking

Paul

http://www.247cctv.co.uk
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try using Google Sitemaps
It should help you get indexed, or at least provide some reasons why you may not be getting indexed.
  • kellyman
  • Born
  • Born
  • kellyman

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
Try using Google Sitemaps
It should help you get indexed, or at least provide some reasons why you may not be getting indexed.

Hi

I have a sitemap and its showing no errors, its a strange one for me to work out what is wrong

Thanks for the reply..

Any one else have any other ideas
  • webmaster_segovia
  • Born
  • Born
  • webmaster_segovia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes,

Sitemap to inform Google the new structure of you SIte.

Jaime
http://www.jmposicionamientoweb.es
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann

Post 3+ Months Ago

It may just be a case of you being in the google bounce...

I would also suggest that you check your logs for 404 errors and if you find any 404s as a result of links that were sent to an old page then do a 301 redirect to the new location.

It helps when the bot following links isn't brought to a standstill - plus if you haven't already done it, making a customised 404 page with a link to you homepage or a html sitemap may help any visitors better navigate your site and it could help overall by ensuring that you dont have a load of 404s (the links to your old pages).
  • kellyman
  • Born
  • Born
  • kellyman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ganceann wrote:
It may just be a case of you being in the google bounce...

I would also suggest that you check your logs for 404 errors and if you find any 404s as a result of links that were sent to an old page then do a 301 redirect to the new location.

It helps when the bot following links isn't brought to a standstill - plus if you haven't already done it, making a customised 404 page with a link to you homepage or a html sitemap may help any visitors better navigate your site and it could help overall by ensuring that you dont have a load of 404s (the links to your old pages).

I have a html site map included, just checked my logs and can see no 404 errors, it may be like you said im just in the google bounce at the moment..

Just to clarify things all i have done in the past is refurbish my original site and added a few extra pages, i originaly had 9 link pages and i now have 14, with loads of downloads options the original 9 pages are the same name now but with 5 extra pages

Not sure if that would matter

Regards

Paul

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts