keywords in url for google not so important?

• Callme
  • Born
  • Born
  • Callme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive read somewhere, maybe here that keywords in the url are not so important for google ranking but are for yahoo?

Is this true?

IM so new to this! Id love to know in a few words ( if anyone one would be so kind) whats the most important thing to have sorted for good SEO? keyword density? inbound links?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• htcorp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • htcorp

Post 3+ Months Ago

with me keywords in the url is not important. The important is the way how to people find and view your site more and more.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you can fit keywords into the url, it may help you. However your linking text is what google will use to judge your offsite optimization. They also factor the quality and number of outbound links from a site to weight the importance it will play on yours.

Yahoo algo is more focused with on-site factors. This includes keywords that are
<h1>
<b>
<i>
<alt>
<title>
at the end
in the url

If you want to rank on google and yahoo first make a user friendly webiste that is highly optimized onsite. Then I would start getting traffic to it by offsite optimization (article submissions).

Then again, I really don't rely that heavily on social bookmarkings, to every their own.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have analyzed that if you used keywords/phrases in your URL, it will help in rankings for that keywords and phrases being used in the URL. But with that you should have relevant content on the page and yes, BLs ofcourse.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well.....having keywords in URL hardly help in terms of ranking but help users to remember url of the site and also a user easily understand or get an idea about the site by url but make sure url must be reevant to the subject of site.......
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Again, I think that this would depend on your target market. If you have an regional search phrase, then the keyword in the url would be pretty significant.

However, if your traffic is coming from a bigger area, then it shouldn't really matter. Social bookmarks would be more important in my opinion. I rely on keywords in my url for traffic. I am in a service based industry tho.
  • mudkipz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mudkipz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Based on my experience (which isn't very extensive as of yet), putting keywords in your URL helps with the search results, therefore increasing your chances of being in the first few pages for that keyword. Although you still need to back this up with the usual promotion and other seo techniques, of course.
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

for me, its still important, its a way telling the SE what the site all about. and also SE always look for relevancy....
  • Samuraii
  • Student
  • Student
  • Samuraii

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe they are important and they are the ones that do not play main role in SERPS. I think that it is small part to be done to get sucessful with google.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts