lots of links in yahoo compared to very few in google

• red_mark
  • red_mark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys, this forum has been super for me learning about seo... but now i have problem i can't solve. my jobsite http://www.jobs2ireland.com gets plenty of links registered with yahoo and all of the web but only 3 with Google :cry: is there something i'm missing? all advice is gratefully received, cheers M.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sure that you get more in google, however I believe that google does not show every link that you get with them. How long has your website been up for? (I'm too lazy to to do a whois search on your domain.)

If it has not been that long then continue your onsite and offsite optimization. Keep in mind that google links unique content and sites whose domains are registered for more than 1 year (i think). Good luck.
  • dvduval
  • dvduval

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to see a larger sample of the links google "actually" keeps for your site, just sign up for Google Webmaster Tools.
  • red_mark
  • red_mark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cerebro wrote:
I am sure that you get more in google, however I believe that google does not show every link that you get with them. How long has your website been up for? (I'm too lazy to to do a whois search on your domain.)

If it has not been that long then continue your onsite and offsite optimization. Keep in mind that google links unique content and sites whose domains are registered for more than 1 year (i think). Good luck.

Hi and thanks for that, the site is less than a year old so that might be why. I've been building links slowly and they show immediately in yahoo! - i use the seoquake toolbar to find out how the site is doing, which i find quite good. but for some reason i get like 5 in google, which i'm guessing affects the PR as well??? the good thing is that although google shows only 5 links the serps keep improving - which is the main thing i guess :D thanks again,

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts