Main page has lower PR

  • Polaris
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Polaris
  • Posts: 20
  • Loc: Kiev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello!

I have a small question about Google PR. The main page of my site has PR3, but some other pages (>10) have PR4. Is it possible? I haven't linked it from another sites, all links are made to the main page. So these pages with higher PR become it from the main page. How could I increase the PR of the main page? What's the problem?

Thank you very much for your attention!
  • Paul_F
  • Born
  • Born
  • Paul_F
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two aspects to this:

1) Internal linking structure can determine how PR is spread through out the site - but all looks ok on your site. Guess you could make your main header image a link to homepage, that would increase internal links to home page.

2) Most important aspect though is external links to each page. You say that you have only made links to homepage, but what about other people? Your links page has a PR4, do you have reciprical links to that page?
  • hooperman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hooperman
  • Posts: 43
  • Loc: manchester, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Polaris wrote:
Is it possible?

Yes!

Polaris wrote:
How could I increase the PR of the main page?

Get more links to the main page.

Polaris wrote:
What's the problem?

There is no problem. It does happen if your other internal pages get more links/links that pass more PR.

There is only a problem if something BAD has happened (to do with your site, not a war or anything like that).
  • etech-racheal
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etech-racheal
  • Posts: 48

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your internal page PR is high than your home page then it may be because of less backlinks. So try to get more high quality backlinks for your homepage.
  • Polaris
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Polaris
  • Posts: 20
  • Loc: Kiev

Post 3+ Months Ago

etech-racheal wrote:
If your internal page PR is high than your home page then it may be because of less backlinks. So try to get more high quality backlinks for your homepage.

But all of my backlinks are to the main page, other pages get their PR from the main page. Is it possible, that Google bann some of PR of the main page?
  • hooperman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hooperman
  • Posts: 43
  • Loc: manchester, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why on earth are you worried about this? An example of a real problem is experiencing a reduction in traffic to your site, and that certainly won't be caused by internal pages having a higher PR than your homepage.

Stop worrying :)
  • Polaris
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Polaris
  • Posts: 20
  • Loc: Kiev

Post 3+ Months Ago

hooperman wrote:
Why on earth are you worried about this? An example of a real problem is experiencing a reduction in traffic to your site, and that certainly won't be caused by internal pages having a higher PR than your homepage.

Stop worrying :)

I'm worried cause my site has rather many backlinks, but it's still in the Google sandbox and has only PR3. So this situation looks a bit strange, usually other pages should have lower PR as a main page. The only possibility is to link backlinks to these pages, but I've not done it, so I find it strange.
  • Diddy1
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Diddy1
  • Posts: 12

Post 3+ Months Ago

The thing main pages sometimes have less PR because the real content are sometimes on subpages. An example is article or blogs websites peoplelink to their post not the main page. Making for a higher PR than the main page. If you think about there is rarely any reason for someone to link your main page.

Thank You
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann
  • Posts: 152

Post 3+ Months Ago

If people link to ANY page in your site with a relevant link that will help you.

It is your job/responsibility to have an easy navigation of the site - or rather navigation that will enable them to get to your homepage without any real effort.

Normally if I land on an internal page of a site when searching, and I find the article or information interesting or useful, I will normally look to click on the homepage link to bookmark the site to check out later etc.

I am likely not the only person that does this - but having an uneven PR can be beneficial, and especially useful for 'natural' linking which determines PR.

Is it natural that everyone would link to the exact same page? - No
Is it natural that your homepage gets every single inbound link? - No

Just from them 2 questions, you can see having higher internal PR means your links are more natural looking and therefore could well be receiving full backlink credit compared to all links that just point to your homepage = they are less relevant or discounted by google ... ie link directories, web rings etc help search engines find your site, but they do not help them make sense of your site... so are less relevant due to not being extremely specific - while links to internal pages will really help with relevancy in the eyes of search engines.

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.