So many people rely on Google!

• kk125
  • kk125

Post 3+ Months Ago

//post removed - please do not steal other people's work and post it as your own. For those who would like to continue this discussion, you can view the original posted by UQHosting here:
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=7173005

ATNO
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
...they take a lot of money off us working class people to give to the rich entrepenuers.

I'm rather confused at this statement :scratchhead:

Quote:
We can't win, people reading this that are thinking "He has a point, what can we do?", we can't do anything!

Vote.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read a book that is inline with your thinking. It is called "The Essence of Capilalism". This book refers to our society and how we are moving away from monopolies, and towards a monopoly of capitals (think Proctor and Gamble, Pepsi, Coke, Nestle...)

In a very long discussion with my friend, we found out the only way to become an industrial philanthropist and help benefit society was to beat the system. The only way you could beat the system and gain enough market share to break through the market saturation (done purposefully by similar products from the same company), economy of scale (think walmart), and brand loyalty (mutli-million $$$ contracts with international chains) is to first take advantage of the consumer.

If you do not take advantage of the consumer, then your company goes under and you never have the chance to become competition. Usually at this stage if the 500lb gorillas detect any threats, they would make a deal to buy your company/product out.

This is a very sickening catch 22.
  • claireo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • claireo
  • Loc: Coventry

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also believe that search engines are pretty much in control of the internet and what companies we see by searching. However i also think we can use them to our advantage. If you work with thier rules, and learn from the search engines what you can do and what you cannot, it is very useful. Anyone can work there way up if they abide by the rules. Any may even in the future become competition perhaps with alot of work. The point is, there were pretty much there first and developed into the most used search engine first.

We should either use Google to our advantage, be there competition, or think of something even better.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Indeed most of people rely on google as it gives more accurate results and its advance technology update time to time to provide its users more better facilities that's whay it is the most prefereed search engine and most of people rely on it.....
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

if they wernt doing it someone else would be
  • Devil_666
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Albany

Post 3+ Months Ago

antonyx wrote:
if they wernt doing it someone else would be

He is right and i am agree with this. as one my client is trying to implement a java crawler as Google has for image search.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts