msn vs google

• imonster
  • imonster

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello,

recently, i read some articles, the articles are about search engine of msn and google. after the battle of microsoft and netscape. msn is aiming on googles. what do you think about it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ruffdmx99
  • ruffdmx99

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope msn wins because my site is ranked #1 for all my targeted keywords :lol: :lol:
  • imonster
  • imonster

Post 3+ Months Ago

:twisted: haha, you like MS dominate for everything!!
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Msn are not going to be in a position to challenge Google in search terms for many many years.

Msn is the jack of all trades - they have their fingers in lots of pies.

Yet Google concentrates on search technology. Everything it does is about searching. Google are way ahead of Msn in terms of research and experience in the search industry.

I don't think this is just going to a case of Msn throwing its billions around and knocking the competition out with this one.......
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
I think Msn are not going to be in a position to challenge Google in search terms for many many years.

Msn is the jack of all trades - they have their fingers in lots of pies.

Yet Google concentrates on search technology. Everything it does is about searching. Google are way ahead of Msn in terms of research and experience in the search industry.

I don't think this is just going to a case of Msn throwing its billions around and knocking the competition out with this one.......

I'll have to agree with that.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google isn't going to get knocked off the top of the mountain any time soon.

Microsofts' shift from piggybacking Yahoo to their own systems should be interesting considering Micorsofts' history with bugs..
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

plus the google gnomes are not stupid at all, on the contrary, they are freaking smart! :twisted: its gonna be a good fight....
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I normally like to see the underdog win in a fight like this (I loved it whan yahoo went solo)

But i'm having a hard time seeing msn or google as an underdog ...

So i'm gona say - Go Google!! Just because they've given me less hassles lol
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Investment wise, I'd be shifting profits from Google into Microsoft at this moment if they were the only two to choose from. :wink:
  • djtheropy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • djtheropy

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am also better ranked in the new (beta) msn search but google is the better search engine without a doubt
  • SilverMaster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SilverMaster
  • Loc: Ua

Post 3+ Months Ago

imonster wrote:
hello,

recently, i read some articles, the articles are about search engine of msn and google. after the battle of microsoft and netscape. msn is aiming on googles. what do you think about it?

IMHO, until MSN make something special Google will be first.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert - Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:37 pm wrote:
Investment wise, I'd be shifting profits from Google into Microsoft at this moment if they were the only two to choose from. :wink:

11/19/2004 7:23PM - Dow Jones Business News wrote:
[url=http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/quotes_news.asp?cpath=20041119\ACQDJON200411191923DOWJONESDJONLINE001093.htm&symbol=GOOG%60&symbol=MSFT%60&selected=GOOG&logopath=http://content.nasdaq.com/logos/GOOG.gif&pagename=Company%20News&consumer=NDQ&coname=Google%20Inc.&market=NASDAQ-NM]Google Founders, CEO to Sell Up to 16.6 Million Shares[/url]

:P

11/22/2004 8:17PM - Dow Jones Business news wrote:
[url=http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/quotes_news.asp?cpath=20041122\ACQDJON200411222017DOWJONESDJONLINE000781.htm&symbol=GOOG%60&symbol=MSFT%60&selected=GOOG&logopath=http://content.nasdaq.com/logos/GOOG.gif&pagename=Company%20News&consumer=NDQ&coname=Google%20Inc.&market=NASDAQ-NM]Google Faces Copyright-Infringement Lawsuit>GOOG[/url]

Leave it to the adult industry to sue Google :lol:
  • jannemanne
  • Born
  • Born
  • jannemanne
  • Loc: Stockholm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
I think Msn are not going to be in a position to challenge Google in search terms for many many years... // ...Yet Google concentrates on search technology. Everything it does is about searching. Google are way ahead of Msn in terms of research and experience in the search industry.

Hmm, maybe, maybe not(?):

There is no "secret sauce" at Google -- we now believe it was all hype from the very beginning. (To the extent that there ever was a secret sauce, the recipe is now known by countless ecommerce spammers, which makes it a liability rather than an asset.) Thousands of engineers in hundreds of companies know how to design search engines. The only real questions are whether you can commit the resources for a deep, consistent crawl of the web, and how aggressively you want to use your search engine to make money.

http://www.google-watch.org/bigbro.html

In reality, how extraordinary is google? :wink:
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
In reality, how extraordinary is google?

very. Great success with their IPO, gmail, the list goes on..
Using a google watch dog site cannot possibly undermine Google success and efforts so far. One thing for sure, google is making money.
Heaps!

MSN vs Google = Senseless question/scenario

who is going to able to answer this at all? :D
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

plus,

MSn has coorperated with Google in their partner package to include Google Desktop Search. nobody really knows what these guys are up to really? lol.
  • GSlinger
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
until MSN make something special Google will be first.

MSN is testing an "Intelligent" search engine. its supposed to use some sort of AI to search. anyone use the little guy in Word?? the same technology. so basically it will suck.
Google has added alot of features that are going to compete with MSN. mail, news, and soon to come is a google browser. i read an article in PCMag talking about google even developing an OS. and the best of all, everything google is free!!
  • jannemanne
  • Born
  • Born
  • jannemanne
  • Loc: Stockholm

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:
Quote:
In reality, how extraordinary is google?

very. Great success with their IPO, gmail, the list goes on..
Using a google watch dog site cannot possibly undermine Google success and efforts so far. One thing for sure, google is making money.
Heaps!

Yesterday’s success doesn’t underpin tomorrows...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts