New Change in Google

• jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks buddy. did you see either of my adwords? That result you got is one of my ibls that hopefully will get updated one of these days.
"computer repair youngstown ohio" brings up about 6 of them.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truthfully (and as you can tell by a quick review in this forum) I'm not big into the search engine stuff at the moment. I just design sites via standards and half of them don't even have any meta keywords, they usually just get found by content and since most of my clients aren't offering much in terms of services that's OK for the moment. -- I've personally never even looked at what Google adwords is all about, so I truly have no clue what I'm looking for -- I just searched as you suggested and I can usually find most anything on Google given time. It didn't take long to find that link, but I couldn't find a search that gave you a high placement.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

no, you wont at the moment. I got started in all this during the last inbound links update, so I didnt really get noticed by googlebot.
Im a hardware guy, and now that I think Ive gotten my site where it needs to be for the serps, I think I just need to wait and let it age to see it climb the ranks. Meanwhile Im hanging out over in windows/hardware forums reading, learning, and helping where I can.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The ref links from here should help. I've been surprised numourous times I've searched Google, only to find a thread or question I've posted highly placed given the search terms for the occasion.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh it surprises me too, the links from posts Ive made here and over at philC's place show up all the time. Some of them Id like to make disappear. :oops:
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

My adwords have toned down nicely today since I reduced the target regions. :)
  • luchtzak
  • Student
  • Student
  • luchtzak

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it!
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am now seeing Ads across the top of the SERPs today. I wonder if they are showing them randomly or deciding on to keep them or drop them.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see sponsors on the top when I do a real estate related search....maybe a different data center...or a new twist in the ppc algo...maybe real estate is being targeted.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

jfvb1225 wrote:
Maybe ATNO/TW will search google for me using "computer basics mobile repair Ohio Pennsylvania" or something similar and let us know if he sees my adwords. My dad has a second home about an hour into Pa. and we're headed there this coming weekend. I just put a machine there awhile ago for him, so Im gonna test it while Im there and see if I come up. Great idea vetofunk!

The results are, while I was in Pa. closer to Pittsburgh, I queried "computer repair ohio pennsylvania" in google, my adwords did come up, and google added "pittsburgh pa" at the bottom of the ad. That was not anywhere in my adword keywords, so it was google picking up my pittsburgh regional setting and adding it.
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has everyone noticed that the Google Directory listing has disappeared from under each URL.

I suspect we will see a reduction in the value of a Dmoz listing as we go forward.

Clare
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Amazing how things revolve isnt it? Yahoo just announced they will be picking up dmoz listings in their searches.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really John? Could you send me the link for this. I would be interested...great find!
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

You bet I can buddy. :)

http://www.content.overture.com/d/USm/ps/wspi.jhtml

Third and fouth paragraph below the graphic. I checked right after I read it and my dmoz listing comes up.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read more into it and it seems Yahoo uses DMOZ titles and descriptions in SERPs when they don't have the site in Yahoos own directory.

Good to know.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope that they do because the directory tree pointing to my listing instead of the tile itself is not that useful when it comes up in results IMO.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 46 posts