• Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it just me... but does Google have a new look?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I don't know 'bout the new look, but it's running about 50x faster than it normally does for me.. That I certainly like! :)
  • ccb056
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, it seems to have changed
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like that the Froogle link is back up on the homepage. Hoepfully more people will begin to use it.
  • ccb056
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm neitral about it, I don't like it, but I don't dislike it.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It may just take some getting use to. I use Google everyday, probably almost 50 times daily, and seeing this big change, I guess my eyes just arnt use to it yet.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone also notice that Google Adwords dropped the two sponsored listings at the top, and now they are along the side. I am starting to wonder if this was not just for cosmetic changes. This would then in turn move the usual 3rd and 4th positions further down and so on. I have noticed that for my more competitive keywords, the bidding costs have increased, some dramtically in the last few days. Im guessing because the competition is now even greater to be in the top listings, just to show up where they did before.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

oooooooo boy I just checked my adwords campaigns since reading your post vetofunk, and the clicks have at least doubled. Thats unusual since I just cut back daily spending the other day. I think it might be time to drop them for awhile, as they dont seem to be making my phone ring any more than before.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Anyone also notice that Google Adwords dropped the two sponsored listings at the top, and now they are along the side. I am starting to wonder if this was not just for cosmetic changes. This would then in turn move the usual 3rd and 4th positions further down and so on. I have noticed that for my more competitive keywords, the bidding costs have increased, some dramtically in the last few days. Im guessing because the competition is now even greater to be in the top listings, just to show up where they did before.

I believe I recall reading (I think it was at searchenginewatch.com) a few months ago that research has indicated that is a more productive design technique. Apparently more people are inclined to click ad links in that type of format than any other -- including banners. I did a quick search but can't find the article I read at the moment.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks ATNO/TW. I think Im going to reel in my settings a bit more, regionally. Ive got it set from where you are to Cleveland at the moment.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remember reading about Google wanting to change the format, and I guess they finally have. I wonder if they anticipated the effect on advertisers. I have one keyword for a client of ours that has increased over $0.30 per click, about 30%. I am blaming this on the change to adwords...or the price per gallon for gas :-/
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
I remember reading about Google wanting to change the format, and I guess they finally have. I wonder if they anticipated the effect on advertisers. I have one keyword for a client of ours that has increased over $0.30 per click, about 30%. I am blaming this on the change to adwords...or the price per gallon for gas :-/

Im sure they did anticipate it. theyre making more money off it now. I just cut back my ads to my local city. that ought to tone it down.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have looked through about 20 of my clients so far and about 1/4 were effected. I only have about 3 or 4 clients that sell regionally so I cannot stop advertising nationally for 90% of them.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I will do is increase my bidding might a small percentage, let the other big advertisers drive the price up until they see that the ROI is getting to high, and they will decrease their bidding prices, which will then drive the price back down.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

the key is if the ads are making the telephone and inbox "ring" more in relation to the clickrate. Im not seeing any difference. I wish it would pick me up into the new local results. Id drop adwords completely.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't mean to stray off-topic, but...

jfvb1225 wrote:
I think Im going to reel in my settings a bit more, regionally. Ive got it set from where you are to Cleveland at the moment.

...you sorta lost me on that one.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think he set his Google Adwords campaign up regionally from your personal location to Cleveland. His ads will only show up for those located in that region.

Correct?
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I must ramble a lot. :oops: I had my regional settings covering y-town, cleveland, wheeling, and pittsburgh. Now its just y-town. :) I had it set for a larger area than I cover cause I read that the regional settings might not be that accurate. (Im very close to the Pa. state line).

yes youre exactly right vetofunk.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aahh -- Thanks. I understand -- then I didn't stray off topic -- that helped me learn too.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol.......now that I think about it, Im putting Pittsburgh back in. :wink:

I dont want to count out Sharon Pa, New Wilmington, etc.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I were you, I'd even consider Erie and Cinci (maybe even Columbus) -- they're close enough.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im too poor to travel to those places and I still work a day job as well. The problem with regional as I see it is, if you pick one or two cities, what radius does that cover? I can tell by local search results that the mileage given to the location that comes up is correct from "somewhere" near me, but not my particular location. does that make sense?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I did to test my regional listings was to call people I knew in the area. This was easy for me because I just moved and know people outside of this area. But this may help if your able to.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe ATNO/TW will search google for me using "computer basics mobile repair Ohio Pennsylvania" or something similar and let us know if he sees my adwords. My dad has a second home about an hour into Pa. and we're headed there this coming weekend. I just put a machine there awhile ago for him, so Im gonna test it while Im there and see if I come up. Great idea vetofunk!
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Question...when you do your regional keywords, you dont add the actual location in the keyword phrase do you?
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do in one campaign and dont in the other.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I would do is only use "mobile pc repair" in regional (depending what you have regional set up as), and for national, use the actual location in the keyword phrase. This might be what your doing though.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats about what Im doing. In one adword campaign, its "Youngstown" and in the other, its "Mahoning Valley" or "Mahoning County" which describes this entire area. "Mahoning Valley" would be a phrase likely to be typed in I believe. I could set up another campaign to target Pa. or add keywords to the ones Im running. I seem to have an easier time focusing on regional keywords and "computer repair" rather than trying to compete with just "computer repair". I dont see any use in running adwords on a national level. I am geared more towards service than selling products.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

jfvb1225 wrote:
Maybe ATNO/TW will search google for me using "computer basics mobile repair Ohio Pennsylvania" or something similar and let us know if he sees my adwords. My dad has a second home about an hour into Pa. and we're headed there this coming weekend. I just put a machine there awhile ago for him, so Im gonna test it while Im there and see if I come up. Great idea vetofunk!

I found you via the above words, sorta --had to do a couple extraneous searches but eventually found you listed here:
http://ohio.bizhwy.com/businesses.php?c=89

via this search:
Computer Basics Mobile PC Repair
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 46 posts