New Google-certified Ad Networks to Compete with Adwords

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

AdSense publishers in North America and Europe can now allow ads from Google-certified ad networks to appear on their pages. These ads will compete with AdWords ads, and will help publishers earn the most from every ad impression by increasing competition. At the same time, publishers will have full control over which ads and ad networks can appear on their pages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HyJPOVLd3I
  • Maryam77
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

we have to certified for adsense to be in our blog?
can you explain to me?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Basically, it means that Adsense publishers will be showing ads which go through the Adwords system, and they will also be showing ads that come from Google-certified third party sources which do not go through the Adwords system.

Adsense will function more as an auction house for ads, than the outlet for Adwords it has functioned as in the past.

My guess is that Google will reserve the Adwords ads for the most trustworthy of Adsense publishers, and newer advertisers along with less trustworthy advertisers will end up with more third-party ads. Google ends up protecting their Adwords clients without needing to completely drop so many publishers.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard just heard about this yesterday. They have been sending emails out to all publishers:

Quote:
Hi,

We're writing to let you know about an upcoming update in your AdSense account designed to help you generate the maximum revenue from your ad units. You'll soon be able to allow multiple ad networks to show on your pages, which means that advertisers from external Google-certified networks will be able to compete with AdWords advertisers for your ad space.

If you're unfamiliar with what ad networks are, they're companies that partner with advertisers and publishers to buy and sell ads on sites they don't own themselves, similar to AdSense. Ads from these networks will compete with Google ads to show on publisher sites, and the ad generating the highest revenue for publishers will be displayed.

To ensure the quality of the ads appearing on your sites, we're certifying all participating ad networks for adherence to our standards for user privacy, ad quality, and speed. You'll also have control over which networks can show ads on your pages -- you can choose to opt out of receiving ads from specific networks, or all networks completely. This means you can continue to show ads from only AdWords advertisers if you'd like.

Finally, some ad networks use tools similar to Google's interest-based advertising to show more relevant ads to users on the sites they visit. These ad networks won't be permitted to collect data from your site for the purpose of subsequent interest-based advertising, but we'll allow those who comply with user privacy guidelines to show ads using these tools. You'll have the ability to opt out of showing ads based on user interests from these ad networks, and we've changed our requirements for third-party ad serving to reflect this. More information is available at http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/a ... swer=94230 .

These new capabilities will automatically be enabled for your account, and you'll see a new section in your Ad Review Center where you can allow or block specific ad networks. Please note that we'll gradually be adding new ad networks to AdSense accounts over the next few months, so you won't see any immediate impact on your ads or your earnings.

To learn more about this launch and managing the ad networks appearing on your pages, visit the AdSense Help Center at https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ ... opic=13522 and watch our video demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HyJPOVLd3I .

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe in the long run it could prove to be great because the main focus is on improving the functionality of ad serving packages on the ads slots and spots on the web pages.
  • hasmat
  • Born
  • Born
  • hasmat

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope google will able to maintain their quality services with new partners.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts