Newbie Needs Help Badly

• UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello - I'm new at SEO and with forums (hope this has landed in the right spot) and I'm looking for advice to make sure I spend my time on the right things in order to optimize my google organic search.

I own a web-based business that sells drinking water purification systems for homes: http://www.aquatell.com
I have what I believe is a nice-looking site and I also believe that I have relevant content. Problem is I'm getting very little traffic and seeing no sales.

I'm not one of these guys who thought I could just make a nice-looking site and I'd become an instant millionaire - I knew it would take a lot of work. I'm becoming very frustrated though by the seeming lack of consistent advice. I'm ready to invest the time and money but I'm just not sure where my best bang for the buck lies. I'm also not sure if I've taken the right approach to this point.

Here's what I've done so far:
- used wordtracker to select my keywords
- used WebPosition 4 to optimize my homepage for my main keywords/phrases (specifically Page Critic)
- submitted my website to about a dozen directories including yahoo and DMOZ

I'm struggling most with the validity of WebPosition (can I really trust it to accurately evaluate my pages?) and I'm also finding it hard to get a straight answer on how long I should wait for results before I abandon my approach and try something new.

ANY constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• willyfoo
  • Born
  • Born
  • willyfoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO optimisation is not just a 1 time affair.. to really be good, you would need regular checks and updates..

Exchanging links with good sites with good PR is just one of those you've missed out.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

if i was you buddy, i would chill, go spend some time humping your mrs and wait for this whole PR google vs web directories scandel to blow over because tbh no one knows what is going on @ the mo, and we may give you advice, then you may follow it only to find in a week everything has changed.

Also, i like your site it is simple, but I wonder if you reasing that on your site infront of your headings you have the number 4

4we only sell Top Quality Brands
4we respond within 1 Business Day
4 We offer Free Shipping*
4 30 day Money-Back Guarantee
4 outstandingly Low Prices
4 we ship to USA & Canada

Im picking that you have used a font on your PC when developing and we dont have that font or two, your a little bit funny lol.

Also you could put up some testimonials from people who have your system, "I tried the water purifier and now my water doesnt taste like *plum*"

Also maby aswell as a feature product, you could have your most popular productS

then i checked your code lol, is this made by a script engine or something or some sort of template?

Also, with the BB online link @ the bottom of your page, you do reaslise that you are providing them a free back link?
  • Ankur Sharma
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ankur Sharma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here what you can do mate

Write 100 articles and use isnare.com for distribution (large bang for buck :) )

Tag your site to top social bookmarking sites

start a blog and create controversy

create a free viral report

If you follow these steps , you will get enormous amount of traffic .
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't believe in software related to SEO's, Have no reliability. But Yes, can go with some of good seo tools...

Your site is really good designed..and can catch the eye of your visitors...

Keep submissions on good web directories and make a link exchange web page at your website for some relevant link exchanges.

You can tag your website at social bookmarking websites.

You can also make the web pages with your targeted keywords for better SE Rankings.

Best of Luck.
  • gregdavidson
  • gregdavidson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you should add a "signature" on your postings in forums. Exchange links with other website owners on sites such as Link2Me.com and LinkMarket.net. I would recommend paying the yearly membership fee. Also, add a blog on your website. Submitting to "social bookmarking" communities such as "Digg" can actually help get you an instant "top" position in Google.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

what auctual effects will listing with something like digg do, I cant imagine a mass of screaming teenagers flocking to a water purifying site?

I havnt submitted mine because I dont want a bunch of wankey script kiddies and obese teenagers oogling @ my site.

Can you please explain it a little for me, I tht all that myspace, facebook social ho ha is for kids?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts