One doubt about inbound links.

• bewise
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, everybody
I have a doubt about how google take the inbound links to your site and want to know what is your experience: its usual and all experts recommend that you get links from sites with high PR.

But when you get a link of a PR6 site, you will find that your link is in a site's page named Resources, or Links, but the PR of this page is 0.

I've heard (and all of you) that google see pages, not sites. It seems like all google's algorithm is based in pages, not in sites.

So, there are advantages in be linked by such sites?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jesse1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jesse1

Post 3+ Months Ago

well obviously the link is better if it comes from the actual page on their domain that has some pagerank.

not sure there is too much advantage...but if the site only has 1 or 2 links pages that are linked to directly from the homepage, they usually have decent PR so maybe a good bet.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
well obviously the link is better if it comes from the actual page on their domain that has some pagerank.

Well it would be better if pagerank had any kind of importance, but as it doesn't, we should forget about pagerank entirely.

Links from authoritive sites are best for SEO regardless of PR and regardless if they are related or not.

would you rather have a link from a BBC.com page with zero PR or from a "related" sites page with PR4? I know what i would rather have, And i know what a search engine would think is better.
  • insuranceguy
  • insuranceguy

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, content is important also
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pagerank is still an important factor for me with link exchanges. I could care less what my Pagerank will be during the next update, as I only watch my serp changes. But when making a decison if I should think to a site that is not an authority in the industry, Pagerank will help me decide.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts