Outdated content in Google . when does it update?

• Ethereal
  • Ethereal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone. I've got this site and it got indexed much faster than expected (thus being not quite done yet). I managed to redesign 4/5 of the site in a hurry, but the damage was done. Now pages are begining to show up in Google - nice, nice - but 4 of the static url's show the old design (actually, the design and content is somewhat the same, I meerely changed the location of the text-tables).

How long do I have to survive those darn Google results? I have this eery notion that it could take a LONG, LONG time, but also got this idea that things could go quite faster. Any ideas?
  • matt@aylist
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: The Happy Place | UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it won't update until it's been crawled and cached again, thats anyone's guess.

You could always submit a google sitemap and verify your site with them if you haven't already?
This tells them you have updates ready to index - however it doesn't mean it will happen straight away. The best advice anyone can offer you is to just be patient it will happen. Belive me i feel your pain! :?
  • businessservicesuk
  • Born
  • Born
  • businessservicesuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

You made the number 1 mistake people generally make. You were impaitent. Websites should only go live when they are 100% ready, to go live unprepared will leave you playing catch up with search engines and visitors to your site will not be impressed. I fail to understand why people do this.
  • wallarookiller
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get some decent new links for google to follow and it will update no biggy don't worry about it just get those links.
  • aira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • aira

Post 3+ Months Ago

You just have to wait for the spiders to revisit your site until it's cached and you'll see the updates on your site after that.
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like what aira said, wait until robots revisit your site. If you ask a question, when did the robots revisit your site, that things we all don't know.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts