Page Rank

• shinzo159
  • Born
  • Born
  • shinzo159

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi... Shinzo here... I am planning to put up a website for my company. I just heard about "PAGE RANK" and I don't have any idea about it. What is Page Rank?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank
  • Gate2Shop
  • Loc: Europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

PageRank is a link analysis algorithm that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set.
  • bin
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bin

Post 3+ Months Ago

PR is just Google's way of measuring a page's importance. PR depends on a site's backlinks.

You can view the page rank of any page once you have downloaded the google toolbar. On the toolbar you will find Page Rank. If you keep the mouse over Page Rank, you will see the PR of that page.
  • plibb
  • Born
  • Born
  • plibb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just worry about building a quality site with good content and the Page Rank will come naturally. I have worked with companies that have no clue what Page Rank is and never heard about it but rank anywhere from 4 to 6, so just worry about the site first and PR later.
  • 22Gigs
  • 22Gigs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, if you're really worried about PageRank, you might want to buy ads on big sites, or affiliate with large website. That took my PR from 4 to 6 very quickly.
  • mayankgates
  • mayankgates

Post 3+ Months Ago

PageRank is a link analysis algorithm that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set. The algorithm may be applied to any collection of entities with reciprocal quotations and references. The numerical weight that it assigns to any given element E is also called the PageRank of E and denoted by PR

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts