Pagerank Prediction Tool

• CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found this pretty neat tool... it predicts what your Google PR is going to be in the next Google update!

http://rustybrick.com/pagerank-prediction.php

Now, I'm wondering... how acurate is this? (How do they predict?) It says that my site (http://www.xenolth.biz) will go up from a 5 to a six Image but what this page says doesn't count as much as what Google says! :)
  • Mr Smith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr Smith
  • Loc: Birmingham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

certainly an interesting tool......will be even more so if it turns out to be right! 8)

according to it, one of my sites rank will stay the same, and another will go up by 1 :D

it doesn't seem to work on .co.uk domains though......i have 2 of those, and they both couldn't be found........ :( :cry: :evil:

:)
  • billion
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • billion

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well....I would have 2 PR 10 sites after next update if that tool was accurate. I guess that tells a lot about that tool. :lol:
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried that out before the previous google update. It is hardly accurate.

read the contents on rusty brick site.

Quote:
This is an estimation and should not be considered factual, please use with the intention of entertainment purposes only.

:wink:
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you have to admit that it's a pretty cool tool :D. I wonder how he does it... (Even if it dosen't work all that great)
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

it couldnt find me.
it probably looks at keywords and finds similar sites with similar content and just gives a similar rank.
its good even for just giving you an idea. there must be some kind of method to it.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Didn't somebody post about this tool just like a week ago?
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was looking for somethink else.
there is a tool around that tells you the amount of backlinks of a certain pr that you will need to get to the top of a specific serp, but I lost the address.
This one either works by querying multiple google servers or finding your backlinks and calculating your PR.
Im sure I have seen something like this before.
Its fairly cool though.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont think its that accurate.
it just predicted one of my pages would go from a pr4 to a pr10
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:

I don't know, I did a search for "rustybrick" before posting, but it didn't come up with anything.

darksat wrote:
it just predicted one of my pages would go from a pr4 to a pr10

I just wish that it was true!! (If only RustyBrick's PR counted as much as Google's... :D)
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know how THIS tool works, but if I had to guess ...

You could look up the number of references to a site name and compare it to other sites with a similar number of references.

It would not be accurate, but it might give a reasonable range.

There might be more accurate methods ... anyone else care to guess?
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have entered http://www.newista.com/ to this http://www.ozzu.com/counter/exit.cgi?ht ... iction.php an it told me that have pr 5 and will be pr5 again with 7% raise but when i have entered http://www.newista.com/index.shtml (main page) have pr4 and will be pr6 with 40.00%
YES IT REALLY COUNTS TRUE BUT

I am really very curious since we have changed our index.html page to the index.shtml page, google give pr4 at the last update to the index.shtml page but our main page is pr5?

Now at the next update will google correct this or index.shtml will raise to the pr6 and http://www.newista.com/ will exist pr5 as it is ?

Can anyone advise about it ?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

I saw that post too. :-)
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
at the next update will google correct this

dolay ... this is not a mistake, and is actually a common error that many sites make.

Google cannot tell what file actually contains the home page, so it assigns separate PR to the domain and the index.* page.

The problem is that if you are not consistent you can actually split internal page rank between the two pages. And, if you never mention the index.* file, it may not be assigned any PR.

Check your link structure!
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Google cannot tell what file actually contains the home page, so it assigns separate PR to the domain and the index.* page.

So how can i tell the google index.shtml is the home page and made google gives pr5 of the domain name instead pr4 of the index.shtml page?
I am remembering very blurly a direction code does that but i dont want to make mistake that made the pr low again at the next update.

Can anyone explain this issue with its details?

Thanks

i have carried the issue to here http://www.ozzu.com/other-google-information-and-resources/the-home-page-link-and-the-domain-link-t29378.html
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

First ... the prediction tool is only a toy, the results are not necessarily accurate. It is rare for the home page to have more PR than the domain.

Second ... I ran your site through a link checker and you use both the domain and index.shtml on all your key pages. You are splitting the internal PR between the two.

The domain is where you want to channel your PR. Since most links will point to your site without using the file name.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts