question about backlink

• kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Geneva, Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an invisible backlink from a PR3 page. By Invinsible i mean the link on that page is White and cannot be seen if not selectet. Is that ok for google?

And why won't it count as a backlink, Google still hasn't picked it up.

cheers
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol i too have invisible links, and google havnt picked it up.
I think google crawls the meta for url it doesnt know "FFFFFF" (White font). I think so.
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol so i change it to black then

edit: I changed it to this color which happens to be the same color ozzu uses, anyway..

Is this good enough for google to see or do i need to make it blink and some arrows pointing to it and underlined or bold?
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suggest not putting up links that can't be seen due to the fact that link and background color are the same.

Google considder this as black hat SEO techniques and it would only do the opposite of the intention you innitially had in mind.

Remove these links or make them visible otherwise google will pick up on them at some point and will penalize you for it.
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

smart google ;)

i have it now as grey on white bg, is that ok?
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes 8)
  • alecs
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess you can always put a white image as a background. Google won't scan it pixel by pixel to find out if you are hiding the link.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

alecs wrote:
I guess you can always put a white image as a background. Google won't scan it pixel by pixel to find out if you are hiding the link.

Is that on the "It's only illegal if you get caught" principle?
  • alecs
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kind of...
It shows that if you really want to, there's not much Google can do to stop you from using this type of black hat seo.
On the other hand, I wouldn't risk having a site kicked out of the serps for this.
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah but great like here on ozzu on a white bg is ok right? there is still no backlink showing
  • Greatone
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Greatone

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, google can do much to stop you, but they can ban your site if they caught you. lol
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

alecs wrote:
there's not much Google can do

Except remove you from their index and make you lose 50-70% of your visitors :)
  • nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

How can a bot find out that the text is invisible or not????

If i use white bg and white font then there are chances, bcos google can smell Bg color and font color.
If i use bg as image that is white image called bg.jpg and its color is white now i use white font over it then?????
how will google know that bg.jpg is white in color?

Can you explain me???
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because Google has human employees that check sites too.
  • blackhatbook
  • blackhatbook

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many Black hat SEO webmasters, even though their site design is white hat, their off site promotion is black, and usually they dishonour links exchanges in a variety of undetectable ways.. so if you exchange links and the return link is not showing up in a search engine after say 6 weeks, then personally I would delete their link on my site for the reason that they might be dishonouring the exchange AND because the return link is probably worthless anyway
  • Loz
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: All over the place

Post 3+ Months Ago

links that are similar to the background or the same will not count as a back link, it's classed as black hat seo...

BUT.... what google can not find out is this.

if you have a black background, and your table cell is using an image that is white and you placed a white text link, it will count, google will take the black background color as the main BG, it can't read images. ;)

Loz
  • redspace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • redspace

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is so important for your biz to make the link invisible? I still can't figure out any logical reason for doing it.
  • Loz
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: All over the place

Post 3+ Months Ago

cos you don't want to pass on a page rank to a page like a contact us page, etc, you don't want to rank for those pages, besides, higher the PR on your inner article pages, the faster your next page you add from a high PR article, the quicker the new article gets indexed.
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's ok if you have no bad intension. But as far as google's concern, the link should be visible because hiding text/link is considered as black hat technique.
  • claireo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • claireo
  • Loc: Coventry

Post 3+ Months Ago

When optimising for Google, it is best to do this naturally. Finding ways to cheat the search engine will only make them discard your website. Work with them - not against them.
If you use trial and error to work out what the search engines like, then this will work better. Once you have defined things, you will get high rankings.

If you are hiding links to your site then Google will find them. Google is smart and will prioritise the unsuspicious.

Adding a range of methods to your website like RSS, forms, drop down menus, Headings etc will help.

Please feel free to take a look at our website http://www.crearecommunications.co.uk. We have beem trying to get to the top of Google for over a year now for just web design which is a very competitive link. One thing is to get backlinks from people with high page rank and status in Search engines. They will be clicked on more, and so will you.

Claire
  • angilina
  • angilina
  • Loc: www.a1newspapers.com/

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dont use invisible text or links in your site. Google dont like such things
  • kirannraj
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • kirannraj

Post 3+ Months Ago

if google will see your link on ffffff font he will ban