a question about Page Rank

• huangweiqiu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • huangweiqiu

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a blog which the PR was 3 till Google brought it down to 1 on 6 months ago. half year past,but my blog's page rank still is 1,I don't know why.

Now,I am planning to re-design my blog and turn it to be a small article website.My question is whether I will still have chance to get higher PR after I re-design my blog.

thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When your PR dropped, did your targeted traffic and/or ad revenue drop as well? If not, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

As long as you have pages showing in Googles index, you have a chance to get a higher (or lower) PR.

It's only when you don't find any of your pages in the index that you're screwed.
  • om27
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • om27

Post 3+ Months Ago

To get back the lost PR you possibly can have your site link on a page that has a PR higher than your, you probably can have an enhanced PR in the next PR update. In addition, you can continue to innovate and post fresh and expert contents on your site that are some value to your visitors.
  • Jeperry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Jeperry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

You should try to quality links for your site.

According to me if you will change your site and update them regular then you can get very good response from SEs.

SEs love update does not matter you are changing your site design regular or not.

• huangweiqiu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • huangweiqiu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Burner wrote:
get new content (update content in your site)

maybe your blog have many links in other sites? im right?

yes,you are right,and I didn't set "no-follow" to those links :(
  • Vatson
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

blueray11 wrote:
Always update your blog and make a unique and quality content.

absolutly right. You must know that pr update every 3 mounth and you need just link from other relaited tematic site - just that links give you pr in future.

thanks.
  • Doctor-tree
  • Doctor-tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

design do not play much importance in high PR, good content with quality backlinks will help u in getting high PR
  • saxena
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • saxena
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your page rank has no relationship with your customer, clicks, traffic, revenue and even Search engine rankings.

Read this: http://blog.seohawk.com/page-rank-vs-trust-rank/
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

The more important is traffic & visibility of blog in search engine result pages through targeted keywords not the PR, so try to increase more traffic.
  • domino1_dp
  • Born
  • Born
  • domino1_dp

Post 3+ Months Ago

always try to update your site... n use unique keywords
i agree with Himalayan... the most important thing is to drag traffic... for that you can try directory submission, article submission, link building... etc
  • findme
  • Student
  • Student
  • findme

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Avoid duplicate content
2. nofollow - social bookmarking sites, such as reditt.com, digg.com etc will not help your site ranking.
3. Spamming keywords affects negative, try to avoid
4. creat inbound links from other sites(that's high pr)
  • rachelbles
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rachelbles

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have the chance to get higher rankings.. When it comes to blogs, write interesting topics, then update it regularly.. To promote it, use some of the SEO strategies.
  • Doctor-tree
  • Doctor-tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

keep the main aim to drive more n more traffic and do not try to run after getting more PR

visitors come back if ur content is useful for them and not from high PR, so try to get unique content with useful posts on it so as to make ur blog much better n better ;)
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes PR might drop due to the Google new algorithm of evaluating the incoming links pointing at your website and many admins and site owners have reported drops in PR but traffic and rankings are definitely more important.
  • BlackEyes
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you didn't update your blog regularly..Or maybe it is penalized by Google..
Do link building on your blog like submitting it to social bookmarking sites, forums sig, and blog commenting and posting..These techniques will help your site generate more traffics and backlinks that will help you bring back your lost PR..
  • kuldeepsingh
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to see your PR again in 3 and more. you must update your site regularly and the fast and best way is social networking to promote your website. It quick helps to search engines to find your site.
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Updating a site regularly will not increase its PR because if that was the case, you could see hundreds of PR 7,8,9 forums and blogs on the web as they are updated several times a day.

Addition of links that have higher PR than your site is the answer.
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Designing is not the issue or give effect on PR of your blog. You need to create fresh content and backlinks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts