Ranking Question

• Daniel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Daniel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys...If I get a link from a high pr site, does that increase my rank on google (not pr) more than a link from say a pr0 site :?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is that a question to ask? Get a link from a pr8 page that has only your link on that page, your pr will be 7 the next day. Get one from a pr0 page, your pr will remain 0. lol.
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Correction: Google is not updating pr lately. You may have to wait for the raise for more than one day.
  • Daniel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Daniel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daniel wrote:
(not pr)

.... I didn't say pr... I mean if I got a link from a high pr site would that help my rank in the google search more than a link from a pr0 site...
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is not an approved calculation of how many pr0 backlinks equal to a pr8 backlink. And it is a Google secret what is the effect differences of a backlink from a pr8 page that have only 1 outgoing link or when pr8 have 100 outgoing links...
But everyone sure about that there is a high effect differences between a pr8 backlink and pr0 backlink (ie. i assume 10.000pr0=1pr8 when they have same outgoing links in count)
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, I did'nt see that "not pr" part then. :roll:

I would say, yes. You will get a better rangking in the serp, provided that your page has the related content and a fair amount of keyword density.
  • Daniel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Daniel

Post 3+ Months Ago

dolay wrote:
There is not an approved calculation of how many pr0 backlinks equal to a pr8 backlink. And it is a Google secret what is the effect differences of a backlink from a pr8 page that have only 1 outgoing link or when pr8 have 100 outgoing links...
But everyone sure about that there is a high effect differences between a pr8 backlink and pr0 backlink (ie. i assume 10.000pr0=1pr8 when they have same outgoing links in count)

lol I am not talking about pr :roll: But thanks quantumcloud this is the site I am optimizing for...Seraphim Proudleduck
  • OnlyPHP.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • OnlyPHP.com
  • Loc: Turkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ummm I found some other lazy ppl out here also :)
Daniel is asking whether his rankings like #1 on the main page or 20th rank on the second page of searches etc... Am I wrong Daniel ?

Yes , your rankings also increase when you buy/get a backlink from another high pr'ed website. However let's say your website is full of graphics without text and nothing on the site such as keywords etc will not help you gain higher rankings from searches.
If your site is optimized well and keyword placements were done correct then you will get higher rankings for sure depending on how well it's optimized and how the keywords were used.

There are some factors for getting higher rankings from Google while someone is linking to you.
1 : Content . I highly suggest you getting a high PR link from a related website to yours. Yup non-related site will help also however let me give points : How much a non related site to yours would effect your rankings ? Let's say 2 from 5 .
How much a related site to your would effect your rankings ? 4/5 (I'm talking about while being linked.)
Btw there is one more thing called anchor text.
While you're buying a link from someone else make sure you get your link with an important anchor text.
Let's say your website is a template website that sells templates and the keywords you used while optimizing your sites are mostly "website templates" . Now , while you buy a link tell them to write "website templates" in your link text.
Example : <a href="http://YourSite.com">Website Templates</a>

By using anchor text you'll gain higher rankings from the keywords you specified.

I hope it helps.
Regards,
Umut
  • aarrgh
  • Loc: World Traveler

Post 3+ Months Ago

The PR alone will not get you higher in the serps, but the page relavency and achor text from the pr8 site.
  • Daniel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Daniel

Post 3+ Months Ago

aarrgh wrote:
The PR alone will not get you higher in the serps, but the page relavency and achor text from the pr8 site.

Thank you, that is all I asked :wink:
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Yes , your rankings also increase when you buy/get a backlink from another high pr'ed website.

I wouldnt take this specifically as gospal. I'd believe that many links from domains on different IP addresses would give you a much greater benefit.
  • elektric
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

I noticed that, if your ranking is not that bad (10 -30), if you use google's pay per click system, a few days, (I may be wrong, but it has happened to me twise, it may be no coincidence), they give you a little privilege, I don't understand why, but your ranking jumps up like 8 or 10 places, the good thing is that when you stop paing per clicks, your ranking stays. I used both times maybe the lowest click price, and it worked. As I sayd, I can't asure, you must try it to find out,
  • yogenmaniyar
  • yogenmaniyar

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would not say pay per click helps. For one of my sites I used this and had no effect whatsoever
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

yogenmaniyar wrote:
I would not say pay per click helps. For one of my sites I used this and had no effect whatsoever

That probably had more to do with the way you ran your campaign then the PPC itself.
  • kerjan21
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kerjan21
  • Loc: Darker side of the Moon

Post 3+ Months Ago

yogenmaniyar wrote:

I support that.
  • elektric
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pay per click systems are based on real competition, if you just started ranking, is not a good idea, but when you are well ranked, and have competition, that's when you may lift up your probabilities over others by "investing" on some clicks. Now, it is important that if you are paying for people to enter your site, you must start thinking on using some ROI (return over investment) to get something back from them that are making you spend money.

Rule No 1. Check the sites around yours to see who has more probabilities to keep the customer, if your chances are low, make something to improve your corporate image online, show some security.

Rule No 2. Get something from those clicking your adds. Make a contest or something to keep them at your site, offer something free, or how about giving them a good offer.

This is my opinion about Pay Per Click.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Pay per click systems are based on real competition, if you just started ranking, is not a good idea, but when you are well ranked, and have competition, that's when you may lift up your probabilities over others by "investing" on some clicks

I disagree with this. You can do PPC for new websites as well. It is actually a good way to SELL without waiting for ranking!

As long as your site and products are looking good and ready to sell, hey why not start on yr PPC campaign? The bottomline is making SALES using PPC.

- in short, you dont have to wait for ranking to do your PPC. just my 2cents. :-)
  • implix
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • implix
  • Loc: Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have run several tests with our new products
and have concluded that placing them with Google
PPC program does not have any affect on their
PR ranking.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts