Ranking

• Jimdannock
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jimdannock

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am learning how to increase my website's ranking. Beside paying for google (pay per click for example), what more methods can we use? Any idea is welcomed.

Cheers
  • Pof
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Pof

Post 3+ Months Ago

Linking no sooner became the rage than people began to look for short-cuts to link popularity. But there's a right and a wrong way to create backlinks, and short-cuts can get you in trouble. One of these short-cuts was the creation of link farm services that provide hundreds of irrelevant links. Google calls this spamming and will remove sites associated with link farms from its index. Other engines also hate spamming and will do the same.
  • StarBucks
  • Student
  • Student
  • StarBucks

Post 3+ Months Ago

try the link exchange method with high ranking sites.
  • pntglobal
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • pntglobal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do link building , Forum, Blog, Article Writing to promote your site.
  • mel-2
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do more Promotional Activities
Dr...
Article
PR
Forum
B.Listing
Classifies
Blog
and SMO

U will succeed
  • anujlko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • anujlko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to increase One Way Links,
The best way to get one way link is through forum posting, directory submission, social bookmarking and comment with other blog...
  • grishamist
  • Student
  • Student
  • grishamist

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post to do follow blogs and forums for backlinks. The higher the backlinks, better chance to rank up your keywords.
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can promote your website by the use of these methods - Directory submission, Article submission, Classifieds, Forums, Blogs, Press releases, RSS feeds, Social bookmarking, Tagging, Link exchange and many more for increasing website visibility in search engine result pages.
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

do off page optimization
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all there are 2 different kinds of optimization for SEO. The first you should do is onsite optimization. This is a necessary step and is considered important to SE like yahoo. Factors are:

title
meta
alt
file name
url of page
keyword consistency

Offsite optimization is valued more by google, and that is why it is harder to rank in google (i.e. this requires more effort and time). Linking is for offsite optimization and the quality and quantity of the backlinks are 2 variables that you have to monitor. Other factors to keep in mind are anchor text, and variation of links between reputable sites. Do not use the same anchor text 500 times this is not considered natural linking to google. I think this is why links in forum posts are not weighted as significantly.

A great way for offsite optimization is to blog articles in your industry and submit backlinks with targeted anchor text with your keywords in it.

I started with onsite optimization and averaged 600 visitors a month (this average lasted 1.5 years). Then started article submissions and posting in my blog regularly. After 1 year of article submissions my website generated 4,500 visitors a month. After 1.5 years of articles submissions and blogging my website generated the same amount of traffic while my blog skyrocketed to 11,000 visitors a month. Article submissions are very time consuming, but extremely worth it. How can you afford to not take the advice that everyone else here is saying?
  • JeffNetSite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • JeffNetSite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Directory submission + Blog comment + Social Bookmarking
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Choose the right keyword / phrases for your business first of all.

Then, include those in your website content..and then start off-site promotion...including -
directories submissions,
backlinks from other relevant sites,
blog posts,
forum posting

and more.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

:wink: You know just by having asked that question here will increase you ranking cos for my website the only reference on all of google is a question I asked about layout.
  • eSaudi
  • eSaudi

Post 3+ Months Ago

get good content then start link building ... that's best way to get high rank and more traffic
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe more on viral process..
  • UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, make sure you on-page SEO is maximized before you look to off page tactics. With a quick look at your source code I see that your meta desc, meta keywords, and page titles are a mess. You've got way way too much repetition. Google sees this as spammy. The fields for "Da Nang Hotel" should look like this"

Page Title: Da Nang Hotel
Meta Desc: Da Nang Hotel features 5-star service including room service, concierge, and valet
Meta Keywords: Da Nang, Hotels, 5-Star, accomodations, vietnam, travel

Obviously I don't know the exact keywords you are targeting but you get the idea. Don't stuff a bunch of repetitive keywords into these absolutely critical fields.

Once you've done that your organic results will go up on their own but you'll still need a lot of off-page help. It's all links links links.

I don't recommend link exchanges as they are devalued by Google. I do recommend high quality directories especially the ones that allow you to write your own anchor text. Check out the list of these types of directories here: http://www.seocompany.ca/directory/deep ... ories.html

Hope that helps.
  • susanqy2
  • susanqy2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Choose the right keyword / phrases for your business first of all.
  • Rajesh8
  • Student
  • Student
  • Rajesh8

Post 3+ Months Ago

Start link building:
1.RSS Submission
2.Directory Submission
3.Article Submission
4.Blog comments
5.Theme based one way link building.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jimdannock wrote:
Hi,

I am learning how to increase my website's ranking. Beside paying for google (pay per click for example), what more methods can we use? Any idea is welcomed.

Cheers

Try to view my the list posted in my blog seo-link-building.blogspot.com/2008/08/link-building-techniques.html
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

To get top rankings you have to optimize our pages and simultaneously need strong back linking. You give more weight to off page factors.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try also to get many relevant links by forums posting and blog commenting then use your targeted keywords as anchor text.
  • jashmin
  • jashmin
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

two think take place for ranking are: content and link popularity.
So try to unique and topic related content and try to get more and more back links.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts