RSS FEED ?

• Malikwaqas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Malikwaqas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello guys,I want to ask that I want to use rss feed on my restaurants site..Is it will be useful for the site ? What rss feeds advantages and disadvantages ? and please tell me about the policy of using it should it changes every time a user comes or it remain constant for a day ? thanks you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bin
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi...RSS feeds are used for sites or pages that have regularly changing content...The advantage of having RSS feeds is that once you update or webpage or website...the RSS feed automatically updates...once it updates the search engine immediately crawls your page/site....thus search engines regularly visits your page/site...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

bin wrote:
once it updates the search engine immediately crawls your page/site....thus search engines regularly visits your page/site...

Are you kidding me? This is completely false. Where on Earth are you coming up with this stuff?

RSS is used for content syndication. Period. It has nothing to do with search engine crawling.
  • StarBucks
  • Student
  • Student
  • StarBucks

Post 3+ Months Ago

@spork, I agree with you, RSS Feeds are made for people who are lazy to check their fave sites regularly, its more on a notification on their email that a new article was posted.
  • gladioolers
  • gladioolers
  • Loc: indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think RSS feed is an important think. We can frequently check other websites update without visiting the sites. very useful.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts