RSS Feeds....

• bin
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everybody,

Can any of you explain me what is RSS Feeds..how to create RSS feeds for a particular page of a website...how does it help in SEO...

Thank you all in advance.
  • vitalink
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vitalink
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's the formal definition:
RSS is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works – such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and
video – in a standardized format.

RSS was always kinda hard for me to wrap my head around:-) Basically it's a way of getting your site, blog, etc indexed faster on google.

If you look at the web address bar right now you will see an orange icon at the end of it. That is an RSS feed. You can click on it and get the RSS feed for this site.(sometimes you have to click on it and save it as a bookmark, then go to it and right click again, hit properties and it will give you the rss feed address.

Any way if the site you want to index has an RSS feed, you can copy the feed location address and submit to places like feedage.com or feedest.com. It does help with indexing along with some other things.
Hope that helped some:-)
  • bin
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks vitalink....That helped a bit but can you help me out with RSS feed creation....how to create RSS feeds...and should tht feed be submitted anywhere so that Google & other search engines come to know about it....i mean once the RSS is created then how to move ahead with it...

Thanks in advance....
  • vitalink
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vitalink
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wish I could help there but I have not personally created an RSS feed. I have seen software you can buy to do that. I always use existing RSS feeds from articles, blogs etc.

It's something I would like to add to my tool box and learn how to do! If I find anything I could suggest, I will post it here!

Good Luck!
  • bin
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks vitalink....Will look forward to your help !!!!
  • blueberry62
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • blueberry62

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I would like help with this area too!! I want to create Rss feed for my site. Is it mainly for blogs or can I use it for my main site as well?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts