SEO of E-Commerce websites

• bin
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello All,

Can anyone please explain me how to do SEO of E-Commerce websites.

Thanks all in advance.

Regards.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's easy.

Add content in every page of your website, insert keywords in it.

Add a blog in your website and keep updating it.

Then, start link building for that website.
  • louisvuittonmr
  • louisvuittonmr

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recommend lauch more promotion

like coupon and discount

when you get ready the promotion document and then publish then in coupon code sites, compare price communities
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Include high unique content, then get quality relevant links to your site. Remember the more words/phrases that you site shows in search results for, the more traffic you will get. It is not just a matter of how high you rank for a few key words/phrases.
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make sure your URLs are search-engine friendly and contain keywords.
Instead of having http://www.domain.com/product.php?id=1234, use URLs like http://www.domain.com/nintendo-wii-fit that have the product name part of the URL.
Make sure that you list your website link on as many relevant websites as possible.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

<soapbox>Please tell me that all of you that replied are kidding, me? Right? Please tell me you all are joking? How in the world do you think that regurgitated hogwash is going to help the OP? In case you have to look up what OP means it stands for Original Poster. Are you all cows? Because that's what these replies sound like. A ruminant that gets fed, chews and swallows what it is fed, and then regurgitates it only to chew it up and swallow it again. About the only advice that has any practicality here is ablaye's advice to have "friendly" URL's. (To the OP, you can search mod_rewrite for help on how to do that, or in the case of being on a Windows server and using ASP for your site, look into ASP rewrite.)

Why would any of you suggest the overly-used generic term of "relevant content" on an eCommerce site? The only thing relevant to an eCommerce site is that it has an in demand marketable product/products to sell. If you don't have a marketable product, then don't waste space on the internet putting up another generic eCommerce site.

And to market it well and expect to make a profitable income, you need a good deal of background in marketing. With good marketing skills, the SEO falls naturally, because the product descriptions will contain already the appropriate keywords.

You also need to research and cater to your target audience. It should be a unique product/products that holds a high degree of interest to a mass of people. The website design itself should be something that your target audience woud deem attractive and interesting. If you are simply reselling consider ditching the idea while you still have money in your pocket. Your product has to be marketable and something people want. It has little to do with SEO. If you have a marketable product, people will find you regardless.

And you are going to have to spend money to make money.

For those of you that suggested "relevant content", why didn't you ask the OP to specify what they are selling, so you could provide suggestions instead of spewing dribble? OK, since you didn't ask, I will. bin - What are you attempting to sell in your eCommerce site?

And the suggestion to add a blog on an eCommerce site --- why? What purpose could you possibly imagine for a blog on an eCommerce site?

And can anyone "explain me" exactly what this means? Even I am clueless:
louisvuittonmr wrote:
when you get ready the promotion document and then publish then in coupon code sites, compare price communities

Do I need to go on, or do you get the idea?</soapbox>
  • bin
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks ATNO/TW :)
  • vividwebgraphics
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vividwebgraphics
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Concentrate more on your dynamic url structure which can look like duplicate content in SE point of view.Avoid more parameters in URL.Rewrite them to static url's.
  • seogenies123
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • seogenies123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

SEO for E0Commerce site is same as SEO for any other site like On-page optimization and Off-page optimization but the implementation of meta tags are little different because it contains CMS ....

Thanks
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Products and product quality are everything for any E-Commerce website and for getting good results and visibility in search engine result pages expose them in a right way.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts