SEO for WordPress blog?

• christer
  • christer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello!

I am looking into optimizing a WordPress blog and I would like to put meta description and keywords tags in the header.php. My problem is I don’t know how to do it with a WordPress blog that is hosted by WordPress. The person whose blog I’m interested in adding the meta tags to got the domain name directly from WordPress. She didn’t download it or anything, just opened an account with them and after a quick check for domain name availability was all set. It is hosted on WordPress and she has full access to her dashboard from any computer.

I know one can add meta tags to domains that are for example Linux hosted because one is able to get at all the .php files that way. Can I do this if the blog is hosted with WordPress? Maybe from the dashboard?

I thank you in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• seogenies123
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • seogenies123

Post 3+ Months Ago

christer wrote:
Hello!

I am looking into optimizing a WordPress blog and I would like to put meta description and keywords tags in the header.php. My problem is I don’t know how to do it with a WordPress blog that is hosted by WordPress. The person whose blog I’m interested in adding the meta tags to got the domain name directly from WordPress. She didn’t download it or anything, just opened an account with them and after a quick check for domain name availability was all set. It is hosted on WordPress and she has full access to her dashboard from any computer.

I know one can add meta tags to domains that are for example Linux hosted because one is able to get at all the .php files that way. Can I do this if the blog is hosted with WordPress? Maybe from the dashboard?

I thank you in advance

Well,just create the blog with all the options done like title tag and all .... then do regular posting in the blog keep updating it.Make one RSS feed and post it into RSS sites..

You can also submit your blog into blog directories..there are many other ways like SEM by which you can promote the blog.

Thanks
  • Stogo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Stogo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hope this help you:

Seo blog wordpress: Search Engine Optimization

Top 10 SEO Tips For Wordpress Blogs
  • ethanjames
  • Born
  • Born
  • ethanjames

Post 3+ Months Ago

Stogo wrote:
Hope this help you:

Seo blog wordpress: Search Engine Optimization

Top 10 SEO Tips For Wordpress Blogs

I am also having the same problem.. anyway thanks for your link ...
  • jhendriana
  • jhendriana
  • Loc: Bandung

Post 3+ Months Ago

you should think about using paid hosting, using wordpress.com as limited user is not maximize
  • sdotuzi8612
  • sdotuzi8612

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are many Plugins in wordpress worked on seo,such as All in One SEO Pack(it's my favourite).

maybe you are using a blog hosted by wordpress MU,you can contact your blog providers to add your plugin.

in fact,seo is not only matters about meta tags,other tags are important too,at least google wont care about your metas.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's right, wordpress has many SEO plugin.

check this - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all ... -seo-pack/
  • ukjessica
  • Born
  • Born
  • ukjessica

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes you are correct, that has many SEO plugin. Do you know what the region..
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ukjessica wrote:
Do you know what the region..

Sorry but I don't get you?
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just switched to wordpress from blogger.
I had a difficult time optimizing my blogger..
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Optimize your content with the use of proper keyword placement and update it timely is the best way to increase more traffic for blog in search engine result pages.
  • rachelbles
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rachelbles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try using other blogs aside from Wordpress..
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lot of great and really useful plugins have already been added to the codes depot of Wordpress and after installing your blog, you can use the click and install option from your panel for the SEO friendly plugins and patches.
  • pathmaker
  • Born
  • Born
  • pathmaker

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be better if your blog is self hosted so you do anything you want and optimize it more.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts