Smartr way of showing Adsense

• SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys!

Very recently I noticed this website which shows the Google ads in a very customized manner showing links in between their links. When I did a research I found that google allows this kind of special formatting for ads for premium websites which is having a good traffic.

Check this site( An Indian Stock market site) http://www.moneycontrol.com See the ads formats..

I tried to put some kind of merging of links in my website too though my website is not a premium website with millions of page view per day.

Check this : http://www.newmatrimonial.com/articles/ ... llness.asp

My website is a matrimonial website. Please comment to improve adsense ads.. I dont make much money out of adsenes from my site anyway..

Chears!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

My understand is that Google forbids this. You are not allowed to put text on TOP of Google ads that could be confused with the Google ads themselves.

You can put text below the ads, since "Ads by Google" will seperate your text fromt the ads, but I think what they have done is not TOS.
  • sezerb
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sezerb

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off your site looks way too busy. It hurts my eyes just looking at it.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know my site looks busy with lot of links in that page; But I was just trying and playing with articles.

My website is matrimonial website if you see the main page, you will like it.

The site moneycontrol is not my site. This site has some privilleges, which google has given since their page views per day exceeds some big number.
  • ErnestHemingway
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ErnestHemingway
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

SNailDev, first of all that site gets enormous amount of traffic.
And like you already know it, they are premium adsense members, because of their site and the amount of clicks they bring everyday.

Traffic plays a big role.

First of all you site is packed by ads, could you please make it more useful to users before you start making money out of them?

To have a good solid website first you need to build a base and get readers before you start making money out of adsense.

To be honest with you template has nothing to do with it, once you have traffic you will get clicks no matter what kinda ad placement you have.

Hope that helps now its time for you to fix your site..

PS their alexa is 700 lol, and yours 6million
getting alexa 700 is a feat itself you do not need adsense once you have that landmark all you do is sell other adverts.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Ernest for your comments on my website. I realize i have less traffic and rankings. My website is a service website and I am trying each day to improve services. I have kept it more simple and easy. Recently I have started adding contents like those just to earn some from adsense.

I am looking for some valuable related websites to exchange links so that I can get quality visitors who really looking for matrimonial.

Thanks again
  • karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find your site attractive,and from Seo point of view you have also got PR=1,so in Seo terms you are progressing.

My advice to you is to add some more content especially in home page with relevant keywords.Just describe what your site is really about,and what it is main purpose.Any one coming to visit your site will definately read content.

I want to ask one question,is your site especially designed for Kerala matrimonial,if it is then change your site title to Kerala|Mallu Matrimonial
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Karamadir, Its not meant only for kerala audience, but for all indians around the world. But I get a lot of US profiles and i accept them too.
The site was up for last 2 yrs, and the PR was 2 when I first tried link building etc. Now I stopped such things, and focussed more on the website services. Still in the beginning stage since I dont find much time after my main work.

Thanks for visiting and commenting about the site. by the way, do you own any websites?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts