Is SMO is better than SEO ?

• waliarohit
  • waliarohit
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is SMO is better than SEO if yes than how ?

//please do not post your links. They are only allowed in your signature.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, ideally you should do both.

seo is important to establish your presence amongst the auto-generated search results. if your competitors are there are you are not then immediately you are at a distinct disadvantage.

once the seo is sorted (which you will need to maintain of course) you have atleast one problem out of the way.

then you should focus on smo. to succeed in smo you need to LIKE what you're doing and have a passion for it. if you don't then you might not penetrate your niche users as effectively as others.

whatever it is however im sure you can write a few articles here and there...
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Totally depend on yours. Using both will definitely give you more chance to get more visitors on the web site.
  • pkpracheta
  • Born
  • Born
  • pkpracheta
  • Loc: Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Friendsssssss

SMO and SEO are parts of SEM. SEM is Search Engine Marketing. SEM consists 3 parts.

1. SEO - Search Engine Optimization
2. PPC - Pay Per Click
3. SMO - Social Media Optimization.

SEO is used for doing organic optimization by which we can get good rankings on search engines on target keywords.

While SMO is used for making branding. We can make branding by using Social bookmarking and Social networking.

For more information please visit my blog http://onlinemarketingupdates.blogspot.com
  • My-Internet-Traffic
  • Born
  • Born
  • My-Internet-Traffic

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have the time to invest then use both.

Successful internet marketing uses a combination of many techniques, don't just rely on one. I use both SEO and SMO on all of my sites as well as many other forms of promotion.
  • sophiya

Post 3+ Months Ago

pkpracheta wrote:
Hello Friendsssssss

SMO and SEO are parts of SEM. SEM is Search Engine Marketing. SEM consists 3 parts.

1. SEO - Search Engine Optimization
2. PPC - Pay Per Click
3. SMO - Social Media Optimization.

SEO is used for doing organic optimization by which we can get good rankings on search engines on target keywords.

While SMO is used for making branding. We can make branding by using Social bookmarking and Social networking.

For more information please visit my blog http://onlinemarketingupdates.blogspot.com

hi friend
social book marking is comes under in seo na, then how you say it belongs to smo, first of all what is meant by seo
  • Copybuild
  • Copybuild

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think they work together really good.
When starting a new site you should obviously make it SEO friendly. There really is no problem concentrating on social media at the same time.
They really do go together. If you hit the first page of Digg and get hundreds/thousands of link backs its helping your SEO.
  • Copybuild
  • Copybuild

Post 3+ Months Ago

govindseo wrote:
hi,
In mathematical way SEO is subset of SEM. in simple way
SEM= SEO+PPC

SEM is not only SEO and PPC.
SEM = SEO + PPC + VM
that is the right formula for SEM.
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO and SMO have substantial impacts on the amount of traffic a website or blog, both can co-exist. It’s all about planning your site properly before the build. Both is important. For a large website, optimizing for keywords and long tail can bring in tons of traffic.
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Captcha wrote:
sorry and what is SMO??

SMO is Social Media Optimization, its infiltrating social media sites like FaceBook, digg etc to get your marketing messages across. Submitting your sites to social media sites is social media optimization.
  • nikhil_13
  • Born
  • Born
  • nikhil_13

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Folks,

SEO & SMO are both a essential tool for marketing. Both should be operated at the same time to get the best & maximum results in a short span...

Pay Per Click (PPC) & Pay Per Impression (PPI) are 2 methods to have a track for payment..both of which are a part of SEO...

To operate a SEO more of planning & strategy is required...Say it is more expensive...

Whereas, operating an SMO consumes more of human time & manpower... The selection of the right portal to do the promotions is a critical factor to consider while doing the SMO campaign.

Advantages of SMO:

# You can target specific audience at a specific time & at a specific place (website/portal)

# You can direct the traffic on your website (each viewer visits the website atleast once when the postings are in front of him.)

# You need not pay for visits on your website.

Advantages of SEO:

# You provide a direction to thought for the unaware/open/empty minded viewers

# You pay only for Clicks/visits on your website...

Though personally I am passionate about operating a SMO campaign...Its Fun...You need to be really interested to operate a SMO...

One last tip...While doing a SMO :: Using SMO as a bait to market products to views, will be of no result...Instead gel with people & make friend & peers...

All the Best...Please Do Not Spam The Forums..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts