10 Steps to Generate Free Targeted Web Traffic

• TrafficFinder
  • TrafficFinder

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to post this in hopes to help many who are newbies looking for answers. This is designed to help those who are on a budget and do not want to spend money on advertising, but still wants to generate traffic. Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too. LOL

1.) Find a niche you know just a little bit better than the average Joe.

2.) Keyword research (most overlooked step, but most important step). Do extensive keyword research. I use Google’s Keyword Tool that is free. You need to find what are the most looked up keywords and phrases for your niche. It is OK to target the most competitive because if you build it right, you will be blowing your competitors away.

2a.) Relative Keyword research - Be sure that you have included many relative keywords in your pages meta as well. This is a huge deal with the algorithms today. It's one thing to be keyword stuffed, but you need to make sure you look at the relevant keywords too, this helps build PR.

3.) Site Structure - keywords must be in your URL, that is the best way for Google and other sites to see you and give you relevance. You will see many sites nowadays using dashes "-". This is the way search engines see a space and tells a word is being separated out. It helps in the site structure. For example http://www.test-site/testing-site-review.html. This structure is putting a very high relevance and ranking on test and site.

4.) Directory Listing - This is an age old method that some have abandoned, but it still works. Remember, the objective here is to build traffic, so if you are seriously wanting it, put your link in as many places as possible. By directory listing, you are getting one-way links back to your site which is a great thing and improves your PR. Not your traffic, but PR is a way to get your on Google’s top pages and therefore more traffic. Reciprocal links are not the best way, but if you are brand new, sometimes you have to do it. If you can do one-ways it is much better. Search engines put a higher ranking on one-way links, so concentrate on those.

5.) Link Exchange - Again, reciprocal link is not as highly rated, but it is still very effective. You need to exchange links with as many websites as humanly possible and for best results make sure they are RELEVANT!!! What this means is it's not a good idea to have a recording studio site and have a lot of links exchanged with a food site. It is a good idea for a recording studio to be exchanged with other music related sites though such as cd mastering, mp3s, other recording sites, etc...this shows a great deal of relevance with search engines. One key, do not name your links page "links.html" or anything of the sort...it's a dead give away to search engines and they do not appreciate it. Be creative, recording-studio-resources.html or something like that. Note, no more than 50 links on a page!!!

6.) Article Writing - This has proven as of recent to be a great method to produce traffic. The goal here is to get both one-way links (on some sites) and traffic in an all-in-one step. Here's the key to writing good articles, you must spin every article your write. What this means is change the articles. There are many great article spinning software programs out there that I have used. I am now a "Expert Author" in hundreds of sites and have submitted my same "Spinned" article over and over. Each article generates traffic too...that's the beauty. There is a key to all of this though, never over submit, you could potentially SPAM your site and cause it to de-index or lose PR ranking.

7.) Article Submission - Key here, submit to 25 directories every 3 days with your URL in the "Resource Box", not in the Body of the article. If you put your URL in the body, most articles directories will decline you. Remember, 25 every 3 days, don't SPAM your site.

8.) Forum, Blogging, etc. - Always be focused on finding new outlets to generate traffic. For example, forums is a big deal. Get on a schedule to constantly help others in forums, discussion boards, blogs, etc... This will prove you as an expert and in return people will trust you. To benefit from this, be sure to have your signature file included and don't spam the sites...this will not help you.

9.) Updating your Content - To keep the visitors coming back for more, you must constantly update your site and have unique content that you cannot get anywhere else. (comes with knowing your niche, section 1). This keeps the visitors coming back for more and will get your site linked to by others because of your content. Free backlinks!!!

10.) Repeat, Repeat, Repeat!!! The whole key is to be consistent and constantly updating your site. NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Hope this helps, please let me know your results.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

All tips are nice and effective......specially updatiing or adding fresh content is so important......and also I would like to add social bookmarking and social networking...these are also free and great source of traffic...
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

coolslko wrote:
All tips are nice and effective......specially updatiing or adding fresh content is so important......and also I would like to add social bookmarking and social networking...these are also free and great source of traffic...

Right create a very good and unique contents...this is the best way to gain natural link and traffic too...
  • erikko
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • erikko

Post 3+ Months Ago

haven't you tried broadcast your podcast? i've heard that this new technique generates humongous amount of traffic
  • TrafficFinder
  • TrafficFinder

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keep the ideas coming...I will revamp the "Top 10" in a week or so with all the new ideas. You guys are awesome!!!

Let's elaborate a bit so I can include it (with y'alls permissions of course, yes I'm from Dallas, TX).

Elaborate on Social Bookmarking and Social Networking please. I want to know your ideas behind it and what you find works.

Podcasts, please elaborate, how do you go about doing it? Audio, Video, etc..??? Where do you post? What's the steps...etc...

Thanks in Advanced!!!
  • mudkipz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mudkipz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Posting comments on related blogs/sites will help spread your site around the internet. This helps in attracting visitors as long as your comments aren't spam. Also, when these visitors-from-sites see something interesting on your site, you have a big chance of getting a one-way backlink when they write about your content.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Sharing...
  • TrafficFinder
  • TrafficFinder

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wanted to give you an updated...this IDEA is working great. I have just looked on Google and here's how I'm positioned.

how to generate free web traffic instantly - 1st entry on google
how to increase free web traffic instantly - 1st entry on google
how to increase free web traffic dramatically - 5th entry on google
guide to increase free web traffic instantly - 1st entry on google
increase free web traffic instantly - 2nd entry on google
targeted free web traffic instantly - 1st entry on google
increase free web traffic how to guide - 1st entry on google

Keep in mind, my site has only been online since March 7, 2008...which means, you can do it!!!

NEVER GIVE UP!!!
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

erikko wrote:
haven't you tried broadcast your podcast? i've heard that this new technique generates humongous amount of traffic

Well.....it may be useful but adding a podcasts to page makes page heavy and it takes liitle more time to load that may irritate sometime and then user may switch over from your site....
  • TrafficFinder
  • TrafficFinder

Post 3+ Months Ago

FYI: I put a youtube video on my site last night...wanted to see if it will keep people's attention. Let me know what you think...

Does it take longer for load time, any problems??? I appreciate the help!

NEVER GIVE UP!!!
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

make it informative and unique.. SE value this characteristic...
  • erikko
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • erikko

Post 3+ Months Ago

coolslko wrote:
erikko wrote:

Well.....it may be useful but adding a podcasts to page makes page heavy and it takes liitle more time to load that may irritate sometime and then user may switch over from your site....

well that's the problem as of this time but I think they are starting to work that out.
  • mudkipz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mudkipz

Post 3+ Months Ago

^ Podcasts usually works for more...entertaining sites rather than any other category. Personally, I wouldn't want to listen to a 90-minute long podcast about how to make your sites more successful. I'd rather read it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts