Is this considered Google spam?

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

My wedding DJ blog is http://encorepartydjs.weblog.com

I currently have 460 blog posts that generates roughly 12,000 unique visitors a month. I am considering doing 300 more posts over the next 12 months for song lyrics (300 different posts for 300 different song lyrics).

Since there is only 1 rendition of a song, I would pretty much just be copying and pasting the lyrics from other sites into my posts. I know that there are many different song lyric websites around. Would this be considered duplicate content and/or spam in Google? I do not want to get my blog banned, I just would like to increase my traffic and revenue. What are your thoughts?

Looking forward to the replies...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google likes unique content. This content that your proposing to add is not unique. In my opinion you'd be better to blog 25 reviews of songs (like, dislike, commentary, etc.) than you would be to copy stuff that already exists.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like that maybe I could do 100 song reviews. Anyone else have any other ideas?
  • kikykuang
  • Born
  • Born
  • kikykuang

Post 3+ Months Ago

roughly 12,000 unique visitors a month, so good blog, my blog http://espow.blogspot.com/ all the unique visitors only +1000, how can you do that? i has nothing to do, so the unique content so little.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can anyone else confirm if this is spam or not? Will I be okay, because my blog has over 450 posts?
  • JeffNetSite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • JeffNetSite

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is not spam but in the case of duplicate contents ofcourse the authority will be given the authority meaning the sites that you copied. Don't panic you will not get banned.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts