Top ranking on search engines

• coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Webmasters and SEOs always try their best to get the top rank for their sites and they continue until they get it and try all old and advanced techniques to get it and I am also not an exception.

My question is that is having your site on top rank on major search engines is really best thing in SEO, does a top rank site always have the highest traffic?

I think its not true as often I have seen people prefer to go throgh sites that are ranked at two or three or fourth rank and only a few directly go to the site ranked at top.

I also often avoid site at the top and click on 2 or 3 ranked site for my query...........So I think having a second or third rank is better than having top rank. What do you think? I just want to know your views about it.

Thanks.........
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Samuraii
  • Student
  • Student
  • Samuraii

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that SEO has rich its goal when SE brings you traffic you had been expected IMO
  • Carramba.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's the really good point. I think what is much more important is to be in first 5 of SERP results. Thinking about how I look for things in Google I realised that wheter I look for some information or seek products/services I open first 5-7 relevant search results simultanously and check which of these would suit me best.

The bottom line is that:

1. Ranking 1'st is not such a difference comparing to next few positions.

2. Making it for the first or fifth position requires virtually the same resources (time, money, etc.)

3. Sheer marketing skills or most relevant content is important in terms of traffic and conversion.
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you're ranking first for one search, chances are you are ranking in the top five for similar searches..

also if you're ranking first, chances are you are ranking in the top five in most search engines..

being first doesn't guarantee the most clicks/conversions but it does emphasise your presence amongst your competition..

people EXPECT search engines to list the most relevant result at the top (although this isn't always the case) having your site top will atleast make the searcher think your site is more important, if only slightly
  • erikko
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • erikko

Post 3+ Months Ago

coolslko wrote:
Webmasters and SEOs always try their best to get the top rank for their sites and they continue until they get it and try all old and advanced techniques to get it and I am also not an exception.

My question is that is having your site on top rank on major search engines is really best thing in SEO, does a top rank site always have the highest traffic?

I think its not true as often I have seen people prefer to go throgh sites that are ranked at two or three or fourth rank and only a few directly go to the site ranked at top.

I also often avoid site at the top and click on 2 or 3 ranked site for my query...........So I think having a second or third rank is better than having top rank. What do you think? I just want to know your views about it.

Thanks.........

the answer is yes since users tend to click the site that tops the SERP's
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of the most important reasons for trying to get the websites to the top of the search engines is for having natural web traffic and then the webmaster can concentrate on generating income from the sites.
  • luxscold
  • luxscold

Post 3+ Months Ago

Naturally, if you need to have a lot, do 10 web sites and occupy all TOP10.
  • Arleigh
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Arleigh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Having a top rank site doesn't really mean that your site will gain the highest traffic. I think the main reason why many sites are competing for the higher ranking position in SERP is because they want to increase their chances to be searched and visited naturally by internet users.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If its about Organic listings, #1 position is always better, even on a long tail keyword/phrase. If you are in first five results, you can surely expect a good traffic for your websites.

And, for getting traffic, there are many other ways too.
  • doogers
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • doogers

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in the 2nd postion for Holland MI Real Estate and Holland Michigan Real Estate. I would like to be first, but if the traffic is similar I am happy with that. I think if you are top 4 where the people don't have to scroll down to see more results you are sitting good.
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

the reason they want to rank is, to have traffic. its nonsense if you rank for nothing. its still base on how your keyword effective.
  • Yiwu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Yiwu

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the top 5 site is as good as the 1st site..
  • karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

More than no 1 it is getting a position on a first page in search engine matters.

Getting a position in top 10 make sure that visitors will visit your site

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts