my traffic has dropped :(

• Basher
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

when my site was a pr 2 i got between 380 and 450 visitors a day then my site went to a zero then back upto a 3 on the last update but my traffic seems to have gone down to about 150 to 200 hits a day any ideas what might be happening??
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

Basher wrote:
when my site was a pr 2 i got between 380 and 450 visitors a day then my site went to a zero then back upto a 3 on the last update but my traffic seems to have gone down to about 150 to 200 hits a day any ideas what might be happening??

Are you getting 380-450/daily visitors from google with just a pr2 site?
We have pr5 and get happy when we reached 20-25 visitors from google , you were so so lucky and i got little bit curious about waht keywords are you ranking at anyway this updates have cut so many traffics for the ranker sites and there is a important issue that most of the people choose this month for their term holiday and this effects the whole internet traffic (10-20% traffic decrease s normal in this month)
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the PR ranking all depends on the niche or competition in your industry. Higher PR does not exactly mean more traffic.

Did you make any recent changes to your site?
Where is this loss coming from?...just Google?
  • Basher
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

dolay sorry i should have been more clearer the traffic comes from most search engines google images.yahoo ask wanadoo and msn search
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well you may have been caught spamming and then penalized. You have slightly hidden text with repeated words. That is pure spam.
Also, you are linking with sites that are full of spam.

Otherwise, you mentioned google images. I noticed a huge drop in traffic via images.google this month over the last few months. Maybe they are related.
  • phpservers
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • phpservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

a competitor could have rushed in and targetted your best keywords - i would check out for that ;)
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have a listing in the dmoz directory...
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
when my site was a pr 2 i got between 380 and 450 visitors a day then my site went to a zero then back upto a 3 on the last update

- I am guessing that this is the period when you are seeking to exchange links with other sites and actively promoting yr site. Hence, more traffic coz of your extra effort you've put in...

Quote:
but my traffic seems to have gone down to about 150 to 200 hits a day any ideas what might be happening??

- yr efforts is not as much as before,
even if it is PR-3 and higher than yr previous pr2, yr traffic drops.
This is prolly your REAL TRAFFIC.

:?:

you need to monitor yr traffic and see where they are coming from too.
so far, i am basing yr initial higher traffic on link exchange sites/yr efforts.
:)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts