• kerjan21
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kerjan21
  • Loc: Darker side of the Moon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I've got two questions:
1. Is PR bound to URL or IP number? In other words: can changing a server hurt your PR?
2. Does sandbox effect apply to link value? I mean, does a link from a new site (which has PR) weigh less than a link from the same site say a year later (PR and incoming links are still the same)?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
1. Is PR bound to URL or IP number? In other words: can changing a server hurt your PR?

No changing server won't hurt your PR :) Only if you change URL's around will your PR start to get messed up.

Quote:
2. Does sandbox effect apply to link value? I mean, does a link from a new site (which has PR) weigh less than a link from the same site say a year later (PR and incoming links are still the same)?

I'd say yes. A link from an established site is better than a link from a new site. Some people may disagree with me.

Anyhow - Stick to the philosophy - All the links the better. You can't go wrong :)
  • GSlinger
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I'd say yes. A link from an established site is better than a link from a new site. Some people may disagree with me.

I agree with Jess. The more the better no matter what. But the ones from already established ranking might boost ya a little. Links to high traffic sites are good too.
be sure to link TO AND FROM them though. a link to OR from wont help as much.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agree with everyone. The nice thing about getting links from newer sites is that they are much easier to link with and eventually there Pagerank and importance will grow. But if you going to choose, then surely take the older site of the two.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts