Value of PR 0, 1, and 2 links (Wikia, etc.)

• seoman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • seoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are links from websites like Wikia.com and other low PR blogs valuable? Especially if the content is very relevant to the site.

Do others here add links to their content sites from Sourcewatch, Wikia, and other minor blogs?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bartell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bartell

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that every link has some value to google. However some sites, such as link farms (a site with just a bunch of links and no content) can be ignored by google. If you do end up in a link farm it shouldn't hurt you since you may not have control over your site being there. In order to have value you just need to make sure that your link is spiderable which means it can't have nofollows on it or be in javascript or flash, ect. But keep in mind that getting a link from a pr 4 is worth a lot more time and energy than getting a link from a pr 0, 1, 2, or 3.
  • seoman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • seoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Link building from Sourcewatch.org, Wikipedia, Wikia, etc.

Most Wikia articles have a PR of 0, and most of the content is duplicate from Wikipedia, and I wonder if those links are valuable.

Wikipedia has about 40 articles relevant to the content articles on my website, and all have a PR of about 4 or 5. But I can mostly only add links to inside article pages on my site and not to the homepage.

I wonder how much value 30 links with a PR of 5 are to internal article pages.

Are there other Wikis which are worth gathering links from. All of my links are non-commercial, and are appropriate to the articles I'm posting them on, and are valuable to readers, and are likely to be kept on the sites over time.
  • erikko
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • erikko

Post 3+ Months Ago

i never thought that there is a Pr 0
  • Bartell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bartell

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keep in mind that the Google PR tool tells you what the page's PR was when Google last did the PR update. So basically a PR 0 could actually be a PR3 however when Google last did the PR update it was a zero. If the tool bar says n/a the pr wasn't calculated the last pr update. Which means that it could be anything. But it's extremely hard to get high PR in a short period of time and pages that say n/a are usually new, but if you have a site that’s a PR6 and you link to that page from your home page most likely that new page has pretty decent PR even if it says n/a on the tool bar.
  • seoman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • seoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would you consider adding links from Wikia pages with unlisted PR if they are exactly the same topic as the site being promoted?

Are links from other wikis like sourcewatch valuable? Which blogs do you all use?

Also, when I do reverse lookups on Google, I often find Yahoo Profile pages that have links...
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

the page where ur site link will be placed should be quality and not a link farm ... if it will be a link farm then it may hurt ur site too.

try to built quality backlinks to your site .... less quality links are much much better then more link farm links....

article submission is also a good way to build links .. and backlinks from low PR is also important and valuable if its quality ...

Regards
Puneet M
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well.......a link from relevant page that is indexed by google always have value. If that page has higher PR then it is valuable more than a page that has low PR..........if that link is one way then it is always more valuable than reciprocals.........but remember link must be from relevant page.
  • whatahome
  • whatahome
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think everything counts. if not in google then should be in other search engines.
  • website-design
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • website-design

Post 3+ Months Ago

if the link is relevent in terms of keywords ... yes definately.

future design of search engines seem to be focusing on topic relation with link build structure.... so i think it wont do harm to start getting links i.e. relevant topic related links :-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts