Value of link trading from every page on an entire website.

• seoman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • seoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there value to trading links from every page on a site. I could add a link from the footer of my site with 300 pages to my friends similar website. In exchange he could add a link from his footer to my site with 500 pages. This would give me 500 incoming links, and him 300 incoming links. Does this kind of mass link building help much?

My friend added his links first about a month ago, and there has been no change in my SEO Google ranking. All three websites are on similar though not identical topics.

Site 1 (I own)
PR 2
300 pages
Just launched

Site 2 (1 own)
PR 7
150 pages
7 years old

Site 3 (someone else owns)
PR 4
500 pages
3 years old
  • infoguidepages
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

It will not hurt but it won’t help a lot because they will all be coming from the same ip addresses, I would still do it because you are still getting related traffic. The high PR is good but it will be watered down because of the same ip. If you want to get around that I would suggest submitting articles, participate in forums and blogs.

Hope this helps

Andre
  • seoman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • seoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it better to have tons of links from the same website with a high PR, or fewer links from sites with lower PR?

What value is generated from forums? Dont' most forums have no-follow tags? I'm thinking of starting a forum using phpbb. Would that generate a lot of PR for my other sites?
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

seoman wrote:
Is there value to trading links from every page on a site. I could add a link from the footer of my site with 300 pages to my friends similar website. In exchange he could add a link from his footer to my site with 500 pages. This would give me 500 incoming links, and him 300 incoming links. Does this kind of mass link building help much?

My friend added his links first about a month ago, and there has been no change in my SEO Google ranking. All three websites are on similar though not identical topics.

Site 1 (I own)
PR 2
300 pages
Just launched

Site 2 (1 own)
PR 7
150 pages
7 years old

Site 3 (someone else owns)
PR 4
500 pages
3 years old

Well.........site-wide linking is not valuable a lot for search engines as all links are coming form same IP.

It just count as a single link.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

seoman wrote:
Is it better to have tons of links from the same website with a high PR, or fewer links from sites with lower PR?

What value is generated from forums? Dont' most forums have no-follow tags? I'm thinking of starting a forum using phpbb. Would that generate a lot of PR for my other sites?

Links form forums are not count as backlink by search engines and they not help to increase PR but still they helps a lot by diverting traffic to your site.
  • seoman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • seoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well.........site-wide linking is not valuable a lot for search engines as all links are coming form same IP.

It just count as a single link.[/quote]

Is this true for Google? Are you sure? Is one link from a domain as good as five from the same domain? Is one link from a domain as good as 300 from that domain? Even if the source domain is 100% relevant and the industry leader?

What if the links are to different articles on the same website?

Can you provide some evidence that this is the case?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts