W3C Validation and SEO

• vistadivine.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vistadivine.com
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the W3C validations has nothing to do with SEO these are only HTML validations.

Akash
  • SEO_Pro.
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: SLC, Ut

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO - The term used to describe the marketing technique of preparing a website to enhance its chances of being ranked in the top results of a search engine once a relevant search is undertaken. A number of factors are important when optimising a website, including the content and structure of the website's copy and page layout, the HTML meta-tags and the submission process.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO_Pro. wrote:
SEO - The term used to describe the marketing technique of preparing a website to enhance its chances of being ranked in the top results of a search engine once a relevant search is undertaken. A number of factors are important when optimising a website, including the content and structure of the website's copy and page layout, the HTML meta-tags and the submission process.

And? :roll:

Dude just admit you were wrong and learn from it.
I would be a £ to a penny that matt cutts, google engineer who specializes in SEO, will know a damn sight more than any obscure website you copy and past random text from, especially when the text you copy and past doesn't support any claim you have made anyway.

You are digging yourself an enormous hole and making yourself look silly. Give up.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO_Pro. wrote:
I have read some articles written in the past by some really good web analyst etc. I trust those people more then someone who is so big just because he is associated with google. I have seen some of his videos online and I would have to say I do not think he knows much and if he does he is holding back big time.. I do not credit people for their popularity only. Show me an article where Matt Cutts has something to say that I do not already know and have not picked up on somewhere else then I will give him the credit you think he deserves.

That is such a weak argument. You are basdically saying matt cutts would lie because he works for google.
If that is your site in your sig (the seo company) you should be utterly ashamed of yourself, you obvbiously have no idea what you are talking about and i wouldn't trust you to seo a box of chicken, let alone my company website.

the bottom line is matt cutts will not lie. If he doesn't want to give away google secrets he will just not comment on it, he isn't against webmasters, there is no google conspiracy against webmasters.
You are looking pretty stupid right now, give up while you still can.
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

calm down people...

we arent allowed to discuss google practices.. they read and monitor everything you type and hold grudges and because they run the internet they can hack into your bank details and delete your credit cards and make you lose your house and stuff..

and matt cutts is part of this conspiracy where he lies to people and tries to trick other webmasters into de-optimizing their pages so they can selectively display their own custom 10 million results per search to get money to fund terrorists and build nuclear bombs..

and google in greek means terrorist and google backwards is elgoog which is latin for 'black devil' and they want to remove peoples freedom and create their own internet where they preach about jesus and ridicule other religions..

shall i carry on or are you two gonna shut up
  • SEO_Pro.
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man Meman your rude and immature.. I did not say Matt Cutts lyes ever and I know SEO well. Nothing I have said makes me look stupid at all your rude comments and anger makes you look bad in my own opinion, but really who cares right?

I never claimed any type of conspiracy meman you sound like one of those political freaks (I bet your a republican) trying to manipulate everything said just because it conflicts with what you believe in and worship.

Antonyx I like the comments you just made! I do not believe that mentality applies to me but I do believe it may apply to meman.

Sorry everyone, but just like allot of republicans Meman decided to try and start war because I do not believe in and worship what he does... Sad.

Still not convinced, try harder Meman your doing good, good, good boy!
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't have to worship matt cutts, But at least have the common sense to accept that a google employee who specializes in SEO is going to know a lot more about the Google algo than you do.

If he says Google have no signal for validated code and you disagree you are wrong, It's as simple as that.

You can carry on disagreeing with him, But you will still be wrong. Because he knows more than you do. Accept it.
  • SEO_Pro.
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

My point is, and how this all started is that it is possible that Matt Cutts may not know if it does or not because that information may not have been released to him. I believe Matt Cutts may know SEO really well but I am not going to cling onto every word. W3C validation has helped several web sites I have worked on.

So in conclusion from past experience I would have to say yes it does help and I do not care what Matt Cutts has to say about that.. LOL. OK enough eh?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you think you have seen benefits from validated code it is coincidental...
Because w3c validation does not help SEO because google does not have a signal for validated code in their algo. Matt Cutts isn't going to say something unless he knows for sure. If he didn't know for sure he would say "i don't know for sure".
That isn't what he said, He said "google have no signal for validated code in their algo".
  • SEO_Pro.
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Thanx for replying without any insults like: "you don't have to worship matt cutts, But at least have the common sense..." (like I do not have common sense). Sorry to go on and on about this thing, but the fact that you kept insulting me kept me going. You have finally gave me a good response I think. I will accept your outlook and would have to say that I see where your coming from and that I could agree in a way that Matt Cutts maybe would not imply that "google have no signal for validated code in their algo" if he truly did not believe so.. Truce? Shall we sign a treaty or something? J/K.
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

my first objective was to confuse and humour myself..

secondly i wanted to say something so stupid that it would just kill your discussion dead..

i think that you are both trying to take seo.. and draw a perfect circle around it...

if thats not bad enough, you are both trying to stick your finger right in the middle of this circle..

just chill out both of you.. you both know what works and what doesnt.. if my man seo_pro is saying to you clearly that validating code has helped him in the past..

then if we go by your matt cutts theory "why would he lie"

and seo_pro.. if meman is telling you clearly that google doesnt take into account validation for seo.. accept it.. he obviously follows google practices more passionately than you..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 41 posts