Website in not appearing in Google search results? Help!

• juzboarder
  • Born
  • Born
  • juzboarder

Post 3+ Months Ago

A friend has asked me to look why his website is not appearing in Google search results. I have registered the site with Google about 6-8 weeks ago but still nothing.
I have very little experience with web sites, the only thing I have done is modernise an existing site, which was very dated. So I can’t offer him any advise, the site is http://www.skiandsnowboardclub.co.uk
If you can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Julia
:roll:
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

i dont know how much you experienced in HTML and other stuff.

if you kno HTML well then put Good Title tage with good description, put meta tags keywords & description.

Contact

http://www.dreamszsop.com for all the requirement related to web design & search engine promotion work.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... %2Eco%2Euk

Google has visited your site.

From the looks of things the site is very new. No backlinks, no alexa data, no related sites..... just a few of the hints :)

The key to getting search engines to spider your site is to have lots of links pointing at it. Spiders work by following links, so the more links you have pointing to your site, the more times the spider will visit and the quicker your site will get all of its pages indexed.

What is your targeted keywords? i.e - what words do you hope to be found in the search engines for?
Make sure you use these keywords as the title of the links pointing to you. i.e - as your anchor text.

You can get links at you by submitting to free directories/forums/blogs/etc :)

huge list of directories and search engines can be found at http://www.blueangels.net
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreams wrote:
hi,

if you kno HTML well then put Good Title tage with good description, put meta tags like keywords & description.

Example :

<title>Website Designing and Development in Delhi, Search Engine Optimisation</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="Website Designing in Delhi, Website Development in Delhi, Website Promotion in Delhi, Web Promotion in India, Web Maintenance in India, e-commerce Development in India, e-commerce Development, web site Maintenance, web site Optimization, website promotion delhi, Portal Development India, Domain Name Registration, Domain Name Booking, website listing, website hosting, web templates, Photoshop Templates, UK, USA, FRANCE, NOIDA, GURGOAN, GAZIABAD, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Chandigarh, Kerala, Kolkata" />
<meta name="description" content="Offers Website Designing in Delhi, Website Development in Delhi, Web Designing Delhi, Web Development Delhi, Website Promotion in Delhi, Web Promotion in India, Web Maintenance in India, e-commerce Development in India, e-commerce Development, web site Maintenance, web site Optimization, website promotion delhi, Portal Development India, Domain Name Registration, Domain Name Booking, website listing, website hosting, web templates, Photoshop Templates, UK, USA, FRANCE, NOIDA, GURGOAN, GAZIABAD, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Chandigarh, Kerala, Kolkata" />

I wouldn't reccomend that as a good example of how to do meta tags,

the keywords and descriptions are WAY to long. Also don't spam the description tags with keywords... proper sentences.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site has been indexed in google :-)
I still think that snowboad site should be more graphical/cool??

I wouldnt even want to optimise the site if it is dead cool with great graphics

:-) use word of mouth and direct marketing ??lol
not sure but it may work..
heheh..
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
dreams wrote:
hi,

if you kno HTML well then put Good Title tage with good description, put meta tags like keywords & description.

Example :

<title>Website Designing and Development in Delhi, Search Engine Optimisation</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="Website Designing in Delhi, Website Development in Delhi, Website Promotion in Delhi, Web Promotion in India, Web Maintenance in India, e-commerce Development in India, e-commerce Development, web site Maintenance, web site Optimization, website promotion delhi, Portal Development India, Domain Name Registration, Domain Name Booking, website listing, website hosting, web templates, Photoshop Templates, UK, USA, FRANCE, NOIDA, GURGOAN, GAZIABAD, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Chandigarh, Kerala, Kolkata" />
<meta name="description" content="Offers Website Designing in Delhi, Website Development in Delhi, Web Designing Delhi, Web Development Delhi, Website Promotion in Delhi, Web Promotion in India, Web Maintenance in India, e-commerce Development in India, e-commerce Development, web site Maintenance, web site Optimization, website promotion delhi, Portal Development India, Domain Name Registration, Domain Name Booking, website listing, website hosting, web templates, Photoshop Templates, UK, USA, FRANCE, NOIDA, GURGOAN, GAZIABAD, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Chandigarh, Kerala, Kolkata" />

I wouldn't reccomend that as a good example of how to do meta tags,

the keywords and descriptions are WAY to long. Also don't spam the description tags with keywords... proper sentences.

AGREED
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

juzboarder,

If you take a few hours and go through the Google and Search Engine forum you will find more than enough answers on how to increase the positioning of your site.

As Jessica said, you need to know what keywords to target. A great free tool - http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/
  • DaveUk
  • Born
  • Born
  • DaveUk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your Best option is To get as many Backlinks as possible that way Google will believe your website is pretty popular or such and this way you will get regular visits by the googlebot.

Then gradually build up PR links pointing to your website and This should gradually increase your ranking, Make sure to have the Links using your anchor text.
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

This may be nothing but maybe someone can figure this out ...

I looked at the site and everything looks normal ... OK not heavily SEO'd but that should not prevent a site from being indexed.

Meta tags, keywords and titles are all good for ranking ... and yes links are essential. :)

I crawled the site and navigation is clean and easily traversed by robots ... I was about to write it off as a new site, and give the usual advice (be patient, takes time, get links).

Figured I would run one more test and see what is being returned to the toolbar. :shock:

Quote:
'MIME' => 'application/octet-stream'

Checked other *.asp sites and they don't have this parameter?

It looks like your site may have been set aside until an application is indexed ... but I don't see it?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts