What are "quality" backlinks?

• Boke
  • Student
  • Student
  • Boke
  • Loc: Hiroshima, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bit of a difficult vague question but what does google consider "quality" backlinks? I have and english schools in japan so if I posted my link in an ESL discussion forum is that a "quality" link? I have my website linked to websites that list local schools and have short descriptions of them, is that a "quality" back link? What about articles in free articles directory sites? I think most of my google problems stem from my site being less than a month old
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Boke wrote:
Bit of a difficult vague question but what does google consider "quality" backlinks? I have and english schools in japan so if I posted my link in an ESL discussion forum is that a "quality" link? I have my website linked to websites that list local schools and have short descriptions of them, is that a "quality" back link? What about articles in free articles directory sites? I think most of my google problems stem from my site being less than a month old

1 Article and Press Releases Submissions

2 Forum and blog posting

3 Submission to Directories

4 Link Exchange

Achieve above four steps for specific keywords in order to get quality back links.
  • Boke
  • Student
  • Student
  • Boke
  • Loc: Hiroshima, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

With the forums does it matter what those forums are? Is it best to spread out the posts in different forums?
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

Quality backlinks are links from websites that have a high pagerank (PR) and are related to your niche.

For example, for a real estate website, I would want to get affiliates websites that have a high PR in niches like real estate, mortgage sites, and even fishing websites since there may be properties around a lake.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com
  • nhscaper
  • Born
  • Born
  • nhscaper
  • Loc: Hudson, NH

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have found what Travis states above to be true and successful. While I haven't utilized article submission to this point it will be my next endeavor over the winter to try to further my page rankings in my weaker geographical locations.
  • aira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • aira

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quality backlinks are those links related to your site.

For example, if your site's theme is related to movies, then the relevant links are those that are under the entertainment category... It doesn't matter what the PR is as long as they are related to you... You can gather quality links thru directory submissions
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quality backlinks are links from other site that is related to your site, with quality content, high page rank and web traffic.
  • rememberramu
  • rememberramu
  • Loc: Nepal

Post 3+ Months Ago

The anchor text should contain keyword . The site which provides back link should be of high Page rank and that should be related to your site keyword, These are main things for quality back links .
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

While the definition of a quality backlink does not pertain to PR, related websites that have a high PR have more influence than those without it.

Get your backlinks from high PR websites that are related to your niche.

Trust me, you will come up in the rankings.

The real estate website I just created is ranked on the first page for the majority of the keyword phrases.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quality backlinks are links that comes from a high PR site that is related to yours.
  • idkwot
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • idkwot

Post 3+ Months Ago

weblaunchphxx wrote:
Boke wrote:

2 Forum and blog posting

4 Link Exchange

Achieve above four steps for specific keywords in order to get quality back links.

well put friend
  • hooperman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hooperman
  • Loc: manchester, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

weblaunchphxx wrote:

2 Forum and blog posting

4 Link Exchange

Actually, badly put.

Notice that the methods of getting links given above are all initiated by the web site owner i.e. the web site owner requests those links. Links that are given voluntarily, without asking for them are worth far more because of the reasons they were given - the linker actually thought your content was good.

Also be aware that link exchanges are seen as link schemes by Google and are not held in high regard.
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

hooperman wrote:
Actually, badly put.

Also be aware that link exchanges are seen as link schemes by Google and are not held in high regard.

Exchanging links is not bad at all considering the factors "Quality" is a must! With a high PR(for some)
and the relevance of your site to the other and also the traffic given by the other site that may be
a potential customer.
  • redspace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • redspace

Post 3+ Months Ago

to me quality backlink is link from relevant site and authority sites. link from sites with not too many OBL so it won't dilute too much of the PR vote. backlink that are coming from different type of sites such regular website, blog, article directory, web directory, forum, social site or classified ads.
  • cEejay_01
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cEejay_01

Post 3+ Months Ago

link of your site from a well ranked, relevant and related site.

even a PR 9 site is useless if its not related to your site, and SE would just count is as a normal link
  • cregtommy@gmail.com
  • cregtommy@gmail.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are working with good Directories then you can raise up your Site's PR soon now you can say these are quality backlinks for your site.
  • SteeleR

Post 3+ Months Ago

guys.. Quality Backlink means a link coming from a web page(not website) that has been listed in the google's result page - i.e. to have at least PR0, not NA PR like this page. If you have Google Toolbar.. the pagerank meeter is white when a page is ranked (no matter 0 or 10) and grayed when it's not in the index... or you could simply try searching the web page URL in google/yahoo, or whatever SE you want, and if it has a result - it's a quality page. Make difference between page and site - inner pages are more often not a quality ones even if the main page have a PR5+
  • cregtommy@gmail.com
  • cregtommy@gmail.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

SteeleR wrote:
guys.. Quality Backlink means a link coming from a web page(not website) that has been listed in the google's result page - i.e. to have at least PR0, not NA PR like this page.

Thank's SteeleR for correcting me.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

weblaunchphxx wrote:

2 Forum and blog posting

4 Link Exchange

none of those are quality links they are just links.
  • wong_udik
  • wong_udik
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

waoouuw... the theory looks simple and easy yeah, relevant page, relevant keyword, relevant content, and relevant web will make quality backlink to your relevant page.

thx for share, you are great...
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

quality back links are came from the related site. that are you linked to it.
  • OptimusPrime
  • OptimusPrime

Post 3+ Months Ago

Steven D wrote:
weblaunchphxx wrote:

2 Forum and blog posting

4 Link Exchange

none of those are quality links they are just links.

What is a "Quality backward link" according to you?

I see that everyone has his own idea of what a "Quality Backward Link" is.

It will be a good idea to see in what points people agree and then make a final conclusion.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

quality backlinks are organic links from reputable websites which are related to you.

eg, you make a site about business and the guy who owns business.com sees your site and thinks to himself, wow, I like that, so on his homepage he creates a link (Which you didnt pay for) and he says, yoursite.com is really good you must go and see it.

that is like a pr8 organic link from a website that is related.

Submitting articles or forum posting and link exchanges are all links you make for yourself. If that was what predominantly determined what search results were returned, the sites at the top would be the sites where the webmasters love themselves the most and have the time to create forum links etc.

Fact is, blogs, directories, and most of the websites that are in the footers of people posting in forums, have been created for the benefit of the webmaster/siteowner, made to generate traffic for the purpose of gleaning a few bucks from adwords etc. (EDIT: I SAY MOST NOT ALL, THERE ARE SOME REALLY HELPFUL SITES OUT THERE )

When people make a site worth using, something that has a benefit to people using it, the number of backlinks dwarf the number of backlinks that you could make for yourself.

take facebook for example, this is their backlink numbers for yahoo
79,200,000 Yahoo: 72,400,000

only a few thousand of those will be self created the rest will be organic, which is why it comes up in the serps before other peoples sites.

The fact that you can actually get in the serps by just creating back-links yourself is the reason that the net is flooded with 16-26 year old webmasters making blogs who have 0 skills in the topic they are talking about, and 0 programing, webmaster or business skills which is why they use out of the box programs, like adsense and blogspot etc.

However this flood of ignorance has its benefits, larger companies with bigger budgets are not comming into the online arena as fast as they could because of what the perceive as 'a lot of potential competition', what they dont realise is that the competition is just 17 year old uni students talking jibberish and that it is not a difficult task to shoot past them IF you take the time to make a different and beneficial to the user website.

If you want to get some decent info on SEO, just browse round, read the posts and make your own decision, dont ask questions, 3 months ago when I wanted to know something I made a post, and I have hundreds of people with less understanding than me, posting all sorts of BS trying to raise their own post count.

Also, take note, the net has a cyclic effect, 3 years ago it was myspace, then bebo, now facebook and youtube, come up with something that makes you a lot of money, withdraw that money and put it somewhere else, because no matter how fast you can come up with an idea, there are other people who can come up with betters ones faster and the value of your site will drop back down.

You-tube is worth a fraction of what it was because of face-book, and in 6 months, face-books value will drop as someone makes something better.

to answer your question, a quality link is a organic link from a reputable site, and anyone telling you different, doesnt have the creativity or patience to come up with something people will talk about without you paying them.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Boke wrote:
2 Forum and blog posting

Well.....links from posting comments on blog and forums do not consider as backlink by google because of no-follow attribute. but still they are valuable in terms of traffic.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

cregtommy@gmail.com wrote:
If you are working with good Directories then you can raise up your Site's PR soon now you can say these are quality backlinks for your site.

Natural links and One way links are the most valuable links and higher in quality than others.
As if you have really good website and visitors really love it then they will sure link your site on their site this is called a natural linking.

You can also get one way links through one way directory submission, article submission, press release.

Reciprocal links from most relevant sites having good PR and large amount of traffic are also count as quality backlinks.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

did you even read what I wrote above?
  • iceforever.diamonds
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

weblaunchphxx wrote:
Boke wrote:

2 Forum and blog posting

4 Link Exchange

"quality backlinks" is having your site link to another which is related to your site's content... in forum posting to be able to have a quality back link you should be joining forums which is related to your site but joining to an SEO forum which may not be a quality backlink is no problem because this may help you with your job... what is best with article submission is that it helps you build organic content which is good, but be careful of having duplicate contents okay ^_^

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts