What's better? 11th or 10th?

• kk125
  • kk125

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two days ago one of my sites was top of page 2 in Google for a very competetive keyword, since then it has been bottom of page 1, and I am getting less traffic. I have been pushing for page 1 for around a month now and finally got there I think it was better to be top of page 2! A month ago, I thought that once I got to page one for the search term "Classifieds", I would make it to the big time, so I spent a lot of time link building etc to get there. Now I need to either lose some links or work my **** off to get right to the top! What do you think? Bottom of page 1 or top of page 2?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would love to have 11th position instead of 10th position because I'll be in the top search results by 11th positions, so what if it's on 2nd page.
  • mudkipz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mudkipz

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first page is good since a lot of people turn to the first page results when looking for something. But if you're on the 11th position, your site will be the first one people will see when they aren't satisfied with first page results (as what mit said). There are pros and cons to both ranks.
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

as long as you top. theres is no difference if youre in 11th or 1oth..i cant see any diff..
  • farrhad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • farrhad

Post 3+ Months Ago

IF you fidget too much you may be off the second page too......Also page 1 is far better
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I seldom look beyond page one of Google results because I typically find what I'm searching for in the top 5 results. However, I don't search randomly and frequently use advanced search techniques in my searches, so my results are pretty darn relevant. I'm not certain you could call me a typical user.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your traffic varies too wildly going from 10th to 11th, it might be best to keep pushing to get higher.

Otherwise you might as well be balancing spinning plates on a stick trying to stay right where you want to be.
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

First page is best = more traffic
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

kk125 wrote:
Two days ago one of my sites was top of page 2 in Google for a very competetive keyword, since then it has been bottom of page 1, and I am getting less traffic. I have been pushing for page 1 for around a month now and finally got there I think it was better to be top of page 2! A month ago, I thought that once I got to page one for the search term "Classifieds", I would make it to the big time, so I spent a lot of time link building etc to get there. Now I need to either lose some links or work my **** off to get right to the top! What do you think? Bottom of page 1 or top of page 2?

Well.....I think its always be bettet to have on first page whether it is on top place second, third or even at bottom because people often do not go to second page even if they do not get desired results they reine their search again to get accurate results other than going second page for more results......I also do the same......
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm with ATNO - if I can't find what I'm looking for on the first page I search for a new string.
  • Arleigh
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Arleigh

Post 3+ Months Ago

For me, being on the first page is better so I would rather choose to make my site be ranked on the 10th position.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts