What is a sitemap? Google Sitemaps FAQ

• Stogo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Stogo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I decided to make these frequently asked questions about sitemaps to help relieve the amount of same thread questions. Hopefully this can help answer any questions you have related to Google Sitemaps. You’ll find this FAQ will be able to answer most of your questions related to sitemaps

Q: What is a sitemap?

A: A sitemap is an XML file that lists all available URLs for a website, along with additional information about each URL in the file. You should always create a sitemap for your website. This will help search engines crawl your site faster and display more content. Right now the standard sitemap format is XML, all major search engine use this format for sitemaps.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zero_digit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thanks for the information...:D
  • stephan0246
  • stephan0246
  • Loc: Indianapolis

Post 3+ Months Ago

I manually created a sitemap for my site with a free online service. I fed it to my google webmaster central. The only thing i have to do it every week because the content of my site increases all the time. I wonder if this sitemap can be feed to google automatically. Anyone knows?
  • vagabond
  • vagabond

Post 3+ Months Ago

stephan0246 wrote:
I manually created a sitemap for my site with a free online service. I fed it to my google webmaster central. The only thing i have to do it every week because the content of my site increases all the time. I wonder if this sitemap can be feed to google automatically. Anyone knows?

Submit your sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools and they will crawl it regularly.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts