Why doesn't google recognize links to my site?

• bullseye09
  • Born
  • Born
  • bullseye09

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I go to google and search link:medievalmatters.com it comes up with no sites linking to mine, but if I just search medievalmatters.com then google finds a bunch of sites that are linked to my site. Does anyone know why google isn't recognizing these as links?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have to wait for a backlink update before the link: operator shows any results.
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi bullseye,
You should try it again, I think you have some good links….
though not much in number…. :(
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

He could have a 100,000 links from the top 100,000 sites on the internet, It still wont show up on a link: search until google update backlinks, And even then they wont show all of them. But they all still count as soon as google find them.
  • bullseye09
  • Born
  • Born
  • bullseye09

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply, I didn't realize the backlinks where only updated at certain times. I'm new to building websites and am building this one based on some basic knowledge and learning as I go.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

the google link:yoursite.com command has been crippled for quite a while
try @:yoursite.com
  • meditation
  • Born
  • Born
  • meditation

Post 3+ Months Ago

Instead of trying to use the link: operator, you could try to use the google's webmasters tools. This tool reports much more backlinks than the link: operator, although still not the complete list of backlinks.

Regards
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

meditation wrote:
Instead of trying to use the link: operator, you could try to use the google's webmasters tools. This tool reports much more backlinks than the link: operator, although still not the complete list of backlinks.

Regards

just wait patiently for the PR update and the links will show using the link: command. in the meantime just use any link checker that checks yahoo and alta vista, if yahoo finds your link google will already have it.

also note, that your back links although they dont show using the link command, will still be effecting your SERP position, you just cant see them.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's a difference in searching

1. link:medievalmatters.com

&

2. medievalmatters.com

By searching medievalmatters.com on google it shows the sites or webpage containing the term but google do not consider it as a backlink for the site.

&

By searching link:medievalmatters.com on google it shows only the sites or webpages have the term and google also consider it as a backlink for the particular site.

Now, you have to wait for next link updation by google to show your backlinks. So, now focus on getting quality links as much as you can..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts