Will Google consider reposting of now offline content at a different address Duplicate Content ?

• chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

Today, I received the following comment on my Trying To Make Money blog. I am actually in a situation very similiar to the person who posted me this question regarding Google. If anyone could answer his question I would really appreciate it, for my own interest and so I a can respond to his question. Thanks.

Few days ago, after my brother who’s at the US and supposed to be paying the bills for the domain name company on my behalf refused to pay my bills, my host has removed my site. I do have my posts offline, and I am planning to open a new blog and post all the posts there. Now I want to ask you if Google will check its cache and penalize me for duplicate content. The earlier domain was registered on my brother’s name. Can you please email me and explain how does google handle this.

Chris H.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would get a hold of them and tell them whats going on. If I have any question about it, I just ask them. They are actually nice people :)
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks so much eautocad for your reply. I will try and contact Google.
  • Pof
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Pof

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be sure that it is quite difficult to get in touch with google. They are quite inert.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google's smart about answering questions. They realize what they don't say can't be twisted against them.

In the situation you described, I wouldn't imagine there would be a problem in anyones' eyes.
The problem comes when Google says "Yeah sure", then people figure out how to abuse it as some sort of loophole for an entirely different situation & tossing what Google said about one situation back to explain the other.

You really have to just "try it" with a lot of things when it comes to Google.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts