After Changes.

• edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all!:),

Im listed in some search engines, others (Google), not yet. I recently made a few changes to the Keywords ect, ect......, now do I submit my site again?, or if im already listed, do I just wait for them to catch my page again???. Ive been told that they do this once a week, or once a month??, does anyone know the process????.

Thanks!!.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't submit your page again.

Basically, if you have to submit your site to get Google to look at it, then you're going to need to keep submitting forever - or until you fix the problems.

Basically, if Google can't find your site by itself, you've still got a lot of work to do.

So, just make sure you've got a site that the search engines are going to want to visit regularly, and then be patient.

Sometimes you'll see the changes you make have an almost instant effect (if you happen to get lucky timing), or it can take a few months to start fully seeing the effects of some things.
  • chynathedragon
  • chynathedragon
  • Loc: Narnia

Post 3+ Months Ago

edawg wrote:
Hi all!:),

Im listed in some search engines, others (Google), not yet. I recently made a few changes to the Keywords ect, ect......, now do I submit my site again?, or if im already listed, do I just wait for them to catch my page again???. Ive been told that they do this once a week, or once a month??, does anyone know the process????.

Thanks!!.
Instead of doing that, you could create a Google sitemap, and that'll tell Google when and what changes have been made to your site. Just don't spam google, or we might all lose the usefulnes of Google sitemaps at a later date. 8)

Regardless, submitting your site to Google isn't really worthwhile, because chances are that Googlebot'll crawl your site before it gets to the millions of sites in its queue.

Quick question: how long has your site been up? It could be that you're stuck in the Google sandbox, and it really won't matter what you do until Google takes you out. 3-4 months usually.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts