PR and link trades vs. keyword ranking

• homer simpson
  • Student
  • Student
  • homer simpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see alot of posts about PR and link backs and how important they are but I also see alot of high PR sites w/ good placement w/ very few link backs and not so high PR sites that are listed high on keyword searches, why is that?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Thanol
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Thanol

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I also see alot of high PR sites w/ good placement w/ very few link backs

Depending on the search term that's possible. If the links to the site are from pages with a high PR, then the page being linked to will get a pretty good PR.

Quote:
not so high PR sites that are listed high on keyword searches

They probably have A LOT of back links that are low quality but the links use the keyword/phrase in the achor text.
  • Bompa
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippine Islands

Post 3+ Months Ago

homer simpson wrote:
I see alot of posts about PR and link backs and how important they are but I also see alot of high PR sites w/ good placement w/ very few link backs and not so high PR sites that are listed high on keyword searches, why is that?

I know what you mean.

A couple things have already been mentioned. A few very high PR backlinks can, (supposedly), do more for rankings than many lower PR backlinks.

One of the sites in the top ten for my keywords, has very few backlinks with Google, but I checked many of their backlinks and they all had the keywords in the anchor and they were all on the other site's homepage; best PR.

One other thing, backlinks that are PR1, PR2, and PR3 are still valid votes, although weak, and don't show with Google's link: search. The sites you are looking at could have hundreds or thousands of those. For example, the #9 site in my keywords has over 38,000 backlinks showing with alltheweb.com :(

Oh, one more thing, heh. Flukes. No mathematical formula will ever do a perfect job at determining relevancy, so there will always be some showing up that do not belong there.

Bompa

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts